Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

GAME THREAD: FAU vs #1 Florida - Feb 20, 2018

Add topic

Jack D Whidden III said

Baker and the rest UF sure do love to run their mouth. Not much else to do in Alachua County I suppose. The crew chief just gave the UF dugout some sort of warning because of it.
Posted On: Feb 20th 2018, 8:28 PM #377323

Well when your team is beating us with freshmen pitching they can say whatever they want. Why don’t we shut them up with “timely hitting”
Back to the top

The Owls strand ANOTHER pair of runners in the top of the 7th inning, and three pitching changes can't keep the Gators at bay as they load the bases with one out and see a 2RBI single expand the deficit to five runs.

Top 8th FAU 1  UF 6
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Jack D Whidden III said

Baker and the rest UF sure do love to run their mouth. Not much else to do in Alachua County I suppose. The crew chief just gave the UF dugout some sort of warning because of it.
Posted On: Feb 20th 2018, 8:28 PM #377323

Well when your team is beating us with freshmen pitching they can say whatever they want. Why don’t we shut them up with “timely hitting”
Posted On: Feb 20th 2018, 8:37 PM #377324

LOL yet again, it's non existent against the big time programs while in the national spotlight. The George Washington series clearly wasn't a solid indicator of our ability to move runners over.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

In what has become a reoccurring theme, FAU strands two more in the top half of the 8th. That makes NINE left on for the contest. They'll need a landslide performance in what could be their final at bat. Marc Stewart is now on the bump, and is the 7th pitcher for the Owls.
Back to the top

FAU baseball gets the most out of what ithas, but we are always just 1-2 guys from being reallly good to elite.
I don’t know what MLBBoca has to say, but this at best is just another 1st round exit team.
Back to the top

Stewart sets down the Gators in order. Owls have three outs to come up with at least five runs and force extras.  

Top 9th FAU 1 UF 6
Back to the top

FINAL:  FAU 1  UF 6

The Owls (3-1) outhit the #1 team in the land 7-6 in the loss, and are led by Pedro Page's 2-of-4 performance.

Diamond Johnson RBI.

Next vs Delaware Fri @ 6:30 PM for first of a three game Series.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

One big problem is that our studs have not played even close to their capabilities so far. Especially Frank, seems he is just trying way to hard to live up to his preseason hype instead of just being himself in these first few games.  

Offensive production has just been depressingly blah so far but there is still hope once some of these guys like Franks and Miranda that everyone was expecting to just pick up where they left off last year find their groove again.  
Back to the top

The biggest difference between FAU and the elite teams has always been pitching. The gators have been loading up , year after year, with absolute studs. Our pitching is good enough for C-USA .But if our offensive production does  does not pick up, we will have difficulty with a few C-USA teams. Way too early to label this team. But the clock is ticking . God it is hard to listen to a game where the announcers are so one sided. On the bright side , we had a few relievers do nice jobs.
Back to the top

@MLB…what a contrast between the weekend arms and mid-week arms. Eight walks. We were bragging about the strike/ball % but yesterday must have been horrid.
Back to the top
Control functions: