Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Series Thread: Delaware vs FAU Feb 23-25, 2018

Add topic

I've seen a lot of FAU teams. I know we are only six games in, but I have concerns that I normally do not have. Normally our arms give up 5 or six, but that was ok because we would score 8 of nine. This year the arms looks like conference leaders, but we are going to lose a lot of low run games. Our "stars" have been reading about how good they are instead of proving it. Watch how quickly those pro scouts find different subjects to evaluate if the performances don't improve.
Back to the top

The Owls (6-1) fall behind 3-0, but chip away with two runs in the 5th inning and one in the 7th to eventaully tie.

Gunnar Lambert scores the go ahead run courtesy of a passed ball in the 8th inning.

Third basemen Joe Montes singled in a pair to complete the offense for the afternoon.

Owl starter Vince Coletti goes four innings, giving up two runs on three hits with six strikeouts.

Five other Owls pitch in to close the game out, including game winner Drew Peden, allowing just five hits and no runs while striking out seven Delaware (2-4) batters.

Miami next comes to town on Wednesday at 6:30 PM. The Canes are ranked number 28 in the National Baseball Writers Association poll.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018 FAU Baseball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Before Saturday's game I mentioned Coach Mac may tweek  the line up to change things up. All he did was flip flop 1 and 2. That tiny change seems to have gotten Tyler Frank out of his crazy funk. Two hits Saturday, two hits Sunday. Really good relief pitching. Peden's pitches have sooo much movement. Very difficult to hit. Need to alter my work schedule to watch the Canes Wednesday night.
Back to the top

After becoming the first Florida Atlantic pitcher in two years to record 14 strikeouts in a game, while allowing just two hits in in 7.1 innings pitched, Owls senior LHP Jake Miednik earns the Conference USA Pitcher of the Week award.

Miednik set the tone for the Owls on the weekend, striking out the most batters by an FAU pitcher since February, 2016, fanning 14 in 7.1 innings on Friday night. He allowed just two hits, a bloop triple and bunt single, one earned run, and one walk. The senior lefthander from nearby Parkland, Florida, had two or more strikeouts in four different innings, and at least one K in every full inning he pitched. Miednik struck out eight of the nine possible Delaware hitters, with five incurring two or more, and Blue Hen hitters batted just .080 against him.  In two starts this season, he is 2-0 with a 0.68 ERA and 21 strikeouts in 13.1 innings pitched.
Back to the top

Jake was great and earned the honor. Last week he barely missed  the honor as it was given to the pitcher from SoMiss. This week , Jake got it and the pitcher from SoMiss barely missed out. These two have almost identical numbers
Back to the top
Control functions: