Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Spring Football

2018 FAU Spring Football Thread
Back to the top

Obviously some interesting story lines as we start Spring Ball tomorrow…

QB Play - who will win the job
Offensive Line reformation
New OC - what will we keep/scrap from former regime
New DC - see above

Me thinks that a lot will still loom into fall camp, although not as much as did last year.

Back to the top

Jake Elman (a really nice guy at the PBP) has his list up and it shares three common points to what I listed up above…but he also threw in (1) how much the running game will be a focus (Singletary) and (2) how quickly the DL can regroup with some new talent:

Five storylines to watch as Lane Kiffin, Florida Atlantic begin spring camp | FAU Focus
Back to the top

The Spring Game will be April 21st at 4:00 PM...
Back to the top

This will be an intriguing QB battle. Both were big time HS recruits. Would be really interesting  to have Robison starting game 1 vs his old Oklahoma squad in Norman.
Back to the top

Guys - here is some interesting and good football spring reading from ESPN;

Spring football conference breakdown players coaches storylines

Group of 5 at bottom of article - hint hint! Check it out!
Back to the top

Jake Elman tweeting that QB Chris Robison has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

Jake Elman tweeting that QB Chris Robison has been suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.
Posted On: Mar 20th 2018, 12:06 PM #377729

S'up with that? Not a good start for the QB situation and mad props to Kiffin for doing the right thing.
Back to the top

Until he returns that leaves us with DeAndre Johnson for now along with some guys I'm not too familiar with:

SO Tyrone Smith, Jr.
SO Trent Wessel
RS SR Connor Miller

then

FR Cordel Littlejohn arrives in Fall
Back to the top

Yep, Robinson is suspended indefinitely for breaking an undisclosed team rule. Lane Kiffin said that Robinson is "not doing things right off the field. Not just that he hurt himself, but he hurt his team.”

This is clearly the step in the wrong direction for the troubled former Oklahoma signee. It is time for him to mature, before De'Andre Johnson claims the QB spot for good.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top
Control functions: