Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Spring Football

DeAndre messed up and he knew it. All he was looking for was for someone to give him a second chance. He had the support of his family to do the right thing. When he got it from Lane he was thankful. Trust me….I know about getting second chances. I thank god every day that the adults around me were forgiving. I am also willing to give Chris another chance if he broke a minor rule. But C'mon Man ! Straighten your butt up and do the right thing.
Back to the top

With a Conference USA title under their belts and a desire to repeat, the Florida Atlantic University football team returned to the practice field for the first time since capturing the Boca Raton Bowl on December 19.

FAU began “Fourth Quarter” workouts when the team returned to campus for the Spring semester in January. Wearing helmets and shorts, surrounded by high school prospects spending their spring break on the Tom Oxley practice fields, the Owls worked through drills and began working with three new coordinators: Charlie Weis, Jr (offense), Tony Pecoraro (defense) and Jaron Fairman (special teams).

“First day, (it’s) good to be back out here. We have some new guys out here, not just players, but coaches. Of our nine coaches that we had, we lost four of those, lost our two assistant strength coaches to a SEC school. It is part of success when players play well you get rewarded. There is a lot of stuff to work on. I thought the defense had a good day today. Good leadership by those guys and a lot of veterans coming back.”  

Practice Notes

·       15 new players joined the team for “Spring Drills”
·       Six new coaches/analysts were on site
·       Players were in helmets and shorts, no pads
Back to the top

Tough to hear about robison. The good news is 14 is in rare form and ready to go.

D-Truth 4 Heisman
Back to the top

Robison is back. I am glad though that Kiffin is a disciplinarian.

FAU suspended quarterback Chris Robison rejoins team - Sun Sentinel

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

illinoisowl said

Robison is back. I am glad though that Kiffin is a disciplinarian.

FAU suspended quarterback Chris Robison rejoins team - Sun Sentinel

Posted On: Mar 22nd 2018, 12:51 PM #377781

He was surprised how easily it can be taken away? This coming from a kid who already got kicked out of Oklahoma? I get he is young and I don't know him, but it sounds to me like he needs a serious attitude adjustment.
Back to the top

d-owl said

He was surprised how easily it can be taken away? This coming from a kid who already got kicked out of Oklahoma? I get he is young and I don't know him, but it sounds to me like he needs a serious attitude adjustment.
Posted On: Mar 22nd 2018, 1:07 PM #377782

I think he sees that Coach K will punish what most don't punish, and that was the "taken away" reference…but I am with you, something still seems array here.

He reminds me of Johhny Manziel.

Back to the top

In my opinion, the vagueness of suspending somebody for "violating team rules" always seems like a cop-out.  That is even more amplified by the fact that this player already has been dismissed from one team for "violating team rules" two times.  I would much prefer more transparency - it makes it much easier to explain away a 2-day suspension for failing to meet with a tutor than for not really giving any facts and letting people poke fun at calling Lane a "disciplinarian" for having him sit out 2 spring practices.  Just my opinion - kids deserve 2nd chances, but college is also about learning from your mistakes and/or owning up and accepting punishment (especially for self-inflicted problems).
Back to the top

I always question myself when I talk about discipline. I'm 58 years old and ,yes, it was different when I was young. This is the truth. I got in trouble at school. The coach notified my dad. My dad flew into town. Beat my behind and told me to straighten up or pack my stuff and he would take me home. That was the last trouble I have been in. I should have been released from the team. But my coach, the local police and my dad handled it.Things were different back then. I hope and pray that this kid understands that he is hanging by a very thin string. This was Kiffin's warning shot. There probably won't be another warning. He has Baker Mayfield kind of talent. It is 100% up to him now.
Back to the top

The FAU football team enjoyed mid-60’s weather and a cool breeze as they went through the second of a scheduled 15 spring practices on Thursday. The session was also without pads.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin

“Practice two: I thought the offense came back with a better day, after struggling in day one. Kinda usually how it happens. Some wind to deal with today which is good, obviously we end up playing in that a lot down here. Guys have good energy. Most guys do at this time without pads and stuff. I’m pleased with their energy so far, execution on defense. We just need to execute a little better on offense. It was good to have Chris (Robison) back out there on offense, really talented, but (he’s) got to make better decisions.”
Back to the top

Rick said

Head Coach Lane Kiffin

It was good to have Chris (Robison) back out there on offense, really talented, but (he’s) got to make better decisions.”
Posted On: Mar 22nd 2018, 4:18 PM #377788

Man the poor guy can't catch a break!

:Laughing:

Back to the top
Control functions: