Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Coach May Lands 6-4 Canadian Shooting Guard Kevaughn Ellis

Add topic

Coach May Lands 6-4 Canadian Shooting Guard Kevaughn Ellis

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Kevaughn Ellis Highlights:

Back to the top

Looks pretty good, loves that baseline drive! Welcome Mr. Ellis!
Back to the top

Great to see our new coach working hard at finding the right pieces.
Back to the top

I know some may think "another diamond in the rough search" given the fact that we have to secure five scholarships in a short amount of time (period ends May 16th), but this guy is actually intriguing…he is tall for a shooting guard given what we usually sign…Troutman was the best shooter we have landed in years…he is listed at 6-3, but is more like 6-2…this guy is a legit 6-4 prospect.

Not a whole lot out there on him, but from the above film he looks like he has some more to offer than just spot up work…will reserve a full review until seeing him live and until then - on the surface - he is a 49% shooter from the field and no guard we had last season came close to that.

On a side note:

Greg Gantt (listed at 6-2) shot 43% his senior season…Stefan Moody 42% his final season…Jackson Trapp 47%.

You get the picture…
Back to the top

It's good to see the staff hit the ground running. I know it's still early, but it is reassuring to see the staff working hard to reload the depleted roster.

And as painful as it will be for this upcoming season, I think going after players straight out of high school is the best move right now. Building a program around a few players, who have time to develop into May's system is a better alternative to kids coming out of JuCo. The JuCo transfers can play right away, but that will only plug the holes in the roster. One transfer is fine, but let's try to build a roster that could have us competing in the long-term.

So although Ellis is only listed as a 2*, I think developing players like him will be best for FAU Basketball. Happy to have him on board.

Maybe now The Burrow could play more Drake instead of "clap your hands" from the Cha-Cha Slide at every, single, stoppage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back to the top
Control functions: