Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 Spring Game

Add topic

In the way too early category, has anyone heard anything about the spring game?

UF recently announced theirs (back to Saturday afternoons from Friday nights) so I'm hoping FAU announces theirs soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing the potentially new/altered offense under the direction of the selected OC.
Back to the top

Checked into this...No official date set yet, but likely the third weekend of April, which would be the 21st.
Back to the top

What kind of crowd has been typical for past FAU Spring Games?  And what kind of crowd do you guys expect this weekend?  I am actually coming down, using the excuse that we will pack up some of my daughter's stuff and bring it back to avoid the crowds who will be there at the very end of the semester  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

owlsdad said

What kind of crowd has been typical for past FAU Spring Games?  And what kind of crowd do you guys expect this weekend?  I am actually coming down, using the excuse that we will pack up some of my daughter's stuff and bring it back to avoid the crowds who will be there at the very end of the semester  :Big-Grin:
Posted On: Apr 19th 2018, 9:26 AM #378052

Not much of a crowd in my experience.

But you're welcome to tailgate with us and make it look like a crowd.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

What kind of crowd has been typical for past FAU Spring Games?

About 1000-2000 people. Pretty low-key affair. And don't be surprised if it's delayed by rain/lightning.

But it's fun to see some of the new guys or the rising stars you've been reading about in spring practice reports.
Back to the top

I guess the actual question I should have asked is "does anybody expect last year's performance and the high hopes for 2018 to impact attendance"?  I was pretty bummed about even the late-season and particularly the C-USA and bowl game crowds.  Places like UF and FSU and specifically Texas A&M have seen huge upticks/records at people coming to practices and Spring Games because of the promise that comes with changes to their programs.  I didn't expect anything like a normal game day  crowd, but sounds like nobody expects anything different for Saturday.
Back to the top

Here's the format for the 2018 Spring Game, per FAU…

Teams: Red vs White

• White = 1st Team Offense (Johnson) & 2nd Team Defense
  • Red = 2nd Team Offense (Robison) & 1st Team Defense
  • Full contact for the 1st Half
  • Limited contact for the 2nd Half

***Winner gets steak lunch on Monday, while the loser will have hot dogs and beans.
Back to the top

The fact that the QB position is up in the air, I would hope that Robison would get the chance to go with the #1 O before the scrimmage is over.
Back to the top

owlsdad said

I guess the actual question I should have asked is "does anybody expect last year's performance and the high hopes for 2018 to impact attendance"?
Posted On: Apr 19th 2018, 1:41 PM #378057

No, I don't expect much in regards to last years performance at the spring game this year.

Like you posted, I too was surprised at the lack of a full stadium for the C-USA Championship game.  I don't expect the vibe to carry over, outside of us diehards and recruits.
Back to the top

We have a long way to go to get packed spring games.
Back to the top
Control functions: