Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 Spring Game

Add topic

Johnson throws a bullet to Durante to pull the White Team within 6.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Both Johnson and Robison are exchanging turnovers as we enter the final quarter of the exhibition.

Back to the top

Johnson overthrows a would be receiver for the go-ahead score. That could be the last chance of the day for Team White to pull off the comeback.

Back to the top

The 2018 FAU Spring Game comes to a close with the Red Team beating the White Team 20-14.

Chris Robison had the better day over De'Andre Johnson, but by now means did he run away with the starting job. This is a battle that will go deep into Fall practice.

Back to the top

I think each QB has their strengths. But if it was my team, I know who I would start. The one with the better arm . The one with crisper passes. In a real game, the running game will open up the passing game. In my non pro opinion, Robison looked better than Johnson. As Owldad said earlier, I would have liked to see Chris run with the ones a little. But it didn't matter as the twos looked sharp today.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

Connor Miller replaces Chris Robison under center for the White Team late in the fourth quarter

???
Back to the top

fauowl said

Jack D Whidden III said

Connor Miller replaces Chris Robison under center for the White Team late in the fourth quarter

???
Posted On: Apr 21st 2018, 9:17 PM #378114

Took a knee.

Was on the team last year as well…

Hard worker, team player, but probably won't see PT.

FAUSPORTS.COM Conor Miller Bio :: Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site - Football
Back to the top

I think we could roll over C-USA with De'Andre our team is so good, but against OU, AF, and UCF I want the best passer out there, and that's Robison.
Back to the top

I am sure Johnson will get some situational snaps even if he isn't starting, but from all accounts Robison was more impressive in this game playing with the 2s nonetheless. The guy was an elite recruit that by now could have been projected to start anywhere. Nice "problem" to have deciding between the two.
Back to the top

Trying to be fair, there were numerous plays where I thought Johnson was called down (playing tag on the QBs) that if it was a real game situation he would not have been tackled.  It should also be pointed out that Johnson was going against a much better looking defense than Robison in my opinion.  And Johnson didn't have Motor - maybe that wouldn't make a huge difference in a scrimmage, but will in a game.

That being said, Robison looked crisper on his throws.  Johnson seemed to really struggle through much of the game, especially throwing the deep balls (which we tried a lot).  I fully expect both to play the first few games and the guy who proves he can move the team and NOT turn the ball over will end up assuming the role as we get into conference play.
Back to the top
Control functions: