Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Amidst Discussions on a Study for a New Baseball Stadium

Add topic

Here is my issue. we face the same problem Miami Hurricanes basketball had for years. Consistent not winning games and having trouble getting people to the games even the big name ones like Duke, unless you are a duke fan. It took the coach to go out and knock on doors to get students to just come to the game. Now we are not there with the students but everyday fans, and even with the deal people just dont want to come and watch a basketball game in south florida especially during the winter when they could be better things on their saturdays, sundays etc. Its not just the arena you have to outreach and try to reach the fans with more than just radio and social media ads. football did it with the outreach by having the head coaches do like the alumni outreach at bars and grills, or duffys to be an example. start small and reach out first. Baseball for years has been very consistent at winning but past over. It could take something like this to really get everything the ball really rolling.
Back to the top

The Burrow is not great but I'm glad the focus is on a new baseball stadium.  In other words, if we have money to build one new facility and update another, I think we need to build a new baseball stadium and update the Burrow; not the other way around.  Baseball is the most successful program we have and the current facility is an embarrassment.
Back to the top

dore95 said

Baseball is the most successful program we have and the current facility is an embarrassment.
Posted On: May 17th 2018, 7:12 AM #378361

It's actually softball, but I agree with you!

:cool:

Back to the top

got a hypotheical question for everyone. lets say if I had 40 million to donate to FAU Athletics, can I specifiy where the money can go exactly? Like i can say 20 million to new facilities for FAU baseball, and 20 million for softball. Just kinda of curious about that?"
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

got a hypotheical question for everyone. lets say if I had 40 million to donate to FAU Athletics, can I specifiy where the money can go exactly? Like i can say 20 million to new facilities for FAU baseball, and 20 million for softball. Just kinda of curious about that?"
Posted On: May 17th 2018, 10:57 AM #378365

Yes…as long as it is stipulated and accepted that way.
Back to the top

Donations made to an exempt organization that are earmarked have to be used for that designated purpose unless it is later changed by the donor.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top
Control functions: