Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Spring Football

Regarding the link provide for the Athlon rankings, take a look at their disclaimer before they dive into the top 25:

"An important note on Athlon's top 25 for 2018: This is not a preseason ranking of teams going into the season. Instead, this ranking takes into account where we project teams to finish after the national championship in January."

Not sure how realistic this is, as there is lots of hype about UCF possibly going undefeated again yet Athlon does not predict them to finish in the top-25.  According to their list, the ONLY Group of 5 to finish in the top-25 would be Boise at #19.  Seems like this means in their eyes a win over UCF wouldn't be that big, and the only way for us to get in would be to beat OU (and that would probably mean going undefeated).

Maybe the link was updated - I didn't see anything listing FAU at #31?  I did see us listed as one of the 20 teams on the rise:
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-20-teams-rise-2018
Back to the top

UCF has the BIG question of losing THEIR ENTIRE COACHING STAFF - EVERY ONE! The O is still good but the D loses 3 NFL picks, so they have question AND a tough schedule. OOC vs. North Carolina, Pitt and FAU plus conference away at Memphis and USF. IMHO if they go undefeated again they will DESERVE a playoff spot.

As far as not being on the rise, we lose both the OC and DC and do not have a proven QB PLUS coming off an 11 win season, ceiling is limited.
Back to the top

We'll get in the Top 25 if we beat UCF. I think we get in if we finish the year with no more than 2 losses no matter who the losses are to. I also disagree about our ceiling being limited. I'm not buying into it being difficult to replace the OC, DC, and QB.
Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

CBS Sports 100 days countdown;

Now 100 days away, here's 100 things to fire you up for college football in 2018 - CBSSports.com

FAU in there at No. 9 and 70!
Posted On: May 23rd 2018, 9:18 AM #378425

i just find it odd, that Alabama has 2 QB's in the heisman hunt…

I was hoping Oklahoma would be a top tier title contender rather than second.
Back to the top

Pretty dumb huh - only one can play enough to garner that honor!
Back to the top

More FAU and Coach K in the pre season football news;

16 schools that'd be perfect for a CFB version of 'Hard Knocks'
Back to the top

Some more summer reading for ya;

Conversations with Clayton: Cyrus Smith - Down The Drive

Is it not great to be talked about in a good way after these past 9 prior years!
Back to the top

Should probably start a new topic! 😎
Back to the top
Control functions: