Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Baseball Regional Watch

Add topic

I’ve watched 12 innings of FAU baseball this year. A home game against USM where they waxed us and then I turned this game on in the 7th…maybe it’s me. 

Pitching didn’t help in the end but some of the defense looked awful today, you won’t get far playing like that in regionals. Hope they got this out of their system.

Any early predictions on our location ? FSU? UF? Clemson? 
Back to the top

Team, we won 40 games!

:cool:

Anyway, hoping we land at Stetson…
Back to the top

UF. Like always. SoMiss is a great team. #11 in the nation in some polls. The team that played today is not the same team that was playing in March and April. The injury bug got us real good this season.
Back to the top

Here's the College World Series details for this year:

Selection Process

The Division I Baseball Championship provides for a field of 64 teams to compete in the national tournament. Of the 64 teams, 31 teams will receive automatic qualification with the remaining best 33 teams selected on an at-large basis by the NCAA Division I Baseball Committee. Sixteen teams will be seeded and each of the seeded teams will be placed at one of the regional sites

Selection Show | Monday, May 28, 2018

The 2018 NCAA Division I Baseball Championship bracket will be announced Monday, May 28, 2018 tentatively on ESPNU at Noon.

Regionals | June 1-4, 2018

Regionals for the NCAA Division I Baseball Championship are being played June 1-4, 2018 on 16 campus sites. At each campus site, a four-team, double-elimination tournament will be conducted and the 16 winning teams advance to the Super Regionals.

Super Regionals | June 8-11, 2018

Super Regionals for the NCAA Division I Baseball Championship will be held June 8-10 or June 9-11 on eight campus sites. At each site, two teams play in a best-of-three tournament format. The winners from each site advance to the NCAA Men’s College World Series.

College World Series | June 16-26/27, 2018

The 2018 NCAA Men's College World Series (CWS) will be held at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, June 16-26/27, 2018. The eight winners advancing from the Super Regional competitions will compete in two four-team double elimination brackets to determine the bracket champions. The two bracket champions will then play a best two-of-three championship series (CWS Finals) to determine the national champion. The CWS Finals format consists of single games Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (if necessary), June 25-26/27.
Back to the top

Stetson has now been confirmed by the NCAA to host a Regional, HOPE WE (DE)LAND THERE!

Back to the top

FAU lands in Gainesville - AGAIN.

Back to the top

We face Jacksonville 1st game while Columbia get stuck with UF!
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU lands in Gainesville - AGAIN.
Posted On: May 28th 2018, 12:13 PM #378503

Gainesville. The place where FAU's baseball championship dreams go to die. Another middle finger by the NCAA.
Back to the top

True so far - but someday…. UF did NOT win the SEC Tourney so maybe now is a vulnerable time for them???

Go get 'em Owls we need some solid pitching guys, not so good in the CUSA T……step it up arms!!!
Back to the top

Stetson Regional:

Stetson
USF
Oklahoma State
Hartford

Why not send OKSU to Gainesville? Want to know the answer to that…
Back to the top
Control functions: