Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Vegas Computer Predicts FAU Victory at Oklahoma

Kyler Murray just got picked 9th overall in the first round of the major league draft. Wow!

He was projected mid 30s, top 10 is big money, no way he plays for Okie next season, he’d be crazy to. 
Back to the top

I agree with ya teembeer - and no way baseball allows him to play football with that type of $$$ involved either.

The other QB at Okie is good too but more a pocket passer and NOT the dual threat that gives D's more trouble.
Back to the top

Here is the story on Murray;

MLB draft: Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray picked No. 9

Tough choice - $5M - I don't think so. One hit or his next cut and a small QB gets ZERO!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I agree with ya teembeer - and no way baseball allows him to play football with that type of $$$ involved either.

The other QB at Okie is good too but more a pocket passer and NOT the dual threat that gives D's more trouble.
Posted On: Jun 5th 2018, 7:30 AM #378746

Our D is designed to handle dual threat QB and we face them in practice every day.  

I'd actually be more worried facing the pocket passing QB.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Here is the story on Murray;

MLB draft: Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray picked No. 9

Tough choice - $5M - I don't think so. One hit or his next cut and a small QB gets ZERO!
Posted On: Jun 5th 2018, 8:10 AM #378751

I believe it was announced that his contract allows him to play 1 year at QB for Oklahoma…
Back to the top

Wonder what happens to his contract should he get hurt - DUMB move by the A's and/or him IMHO! Risking a $5M investment/contract!!!
Oh well, best of luck to him AFTER game 1! :cool:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Wonder what happens to his contract should he get hurt - DUMB move by the A's and/or him IMHO! Risking a $5M investment/contract!!!
Oh well, best of luck to him AFTER game 1! :cool:
Posted On: Jun 7th 2018, 11:00 AM #378778

One thing we know about Baseball contracts is that they're fully guaranteed. I'm sure there's a clause in there that protects him should he get injured.
Back to the top

I am more talking about the team letting a 1st round pick potentially ruin his baseball career. Then the A's wasted a high 1st round pick. Even if his injury negates the contract in full.

But, that is up to them!
Back to the top

If I were the A's, he would not be playing football. I've seen MLB contracts. I've seen ,No snow skiing, no motor cycles, detailed activities that are forbidden. But we are talking about California. They do things a bit different. And if this kid plays football, his mom and dad, his coach, and he should all be slapped.
Back to the top
Control functions: