Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Traveling to the Oklahoma Game!!

Hey All- A bit early here, but we are getting excited as we plan on traveling to the Oklahoma Game. Has anyone ironed out plans as of yet? Ie. Friday night activities, game day tailgate, alumni association events, hotel, etc? We would like to hook up with the FAU fans that end up traveling to the game. Any must do bars or restaurants?

I appreciate any game day recommendations you can provide! Go Owls!!
Back to the top

I lived there for three years from 2000 - 2003…Norman shuts down on game day…at least  the southwest city center (OU) does…so, when you travel into the stadium there are VERY crowded en routes.

That said, you can get a sweet house FOUR blocks from campus…check it out:

Lovely Sooner Cottage 4 Blocks To OU. Sleep... - VRBO

Back to the top

Rick said

I lived there for three years from 2000 - 2003…Norman shuts down on game day…at least  the southwest city center (OU) does…so, when you travel into the stadium there are VERY crowded en routes.

That said, you can get a sweet house FOUR blocks from campus…check it out:

Lovely Sooner Cottage 4 Blocks To OU. Sleep... - VRBO

Posted On: Jun 12th 2018, 12:38 PM #378836

Much Appreciated Rick!! Place looks beautiful!
Back to the top

If you want it better book now it won't last 👌
Back to the top

The hotels are going quickly now that the kickoff time is set.

There will be a decent amount of Owls making the trip up to Norman. I am not sure what is being planned for the Friday night before, nor for the pregame tailgate. But I'm sure you'll run into somebody at some point.

I'm flying from TPA to IAH to OKC via United. United had the cheapest flights from FLL to OKC, with the layover at IAH, when I bought my ticket a couple of months ago.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

I went to the FAU Alumni website, then to the calendar, and finally searched by date, and found that there is a trip package available for those traveling from FLL and want to travel as a group. https://faualumni.org/event/beatthesooners/

I will be coming from Ohio, but I am staying at the same hotel as the alumni group Friday and Saturday night, and plan on tailgating with them on Saturday before the game, and celebrating with everyone post game, too.

The package seems to include charter flight, food, hotel, tickets, tailgate, etc. 

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I went to the FAU Alumni website, then to the calendar, and finally searched by date, and found that there is a trip package available for those traveling from FLL and want to travel as a group. https://faualumni.org/event/beatthesooners/

I will be coming from Ohio, but I am staying at the same hotel as the alumni group Friday and Saturday night, and plan on tailgating with them on Saturday before the game, and celebrating with everyone post game, too.

The package seems to include charter flight, food, hotel, tickets, tailgate, etc. 
Posted On: Jun 15th 2018, 5:39 PM #378856

Always great to see you post, old school for FAU.

Don’t think I can make OK but definitely Orlando

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Thanks Dusky!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

I think it's amazing that we finally have a fan base that even considers traveling to away games. I want to go so bad. But  I'm nervous leaving at peak hurricane season. Originally I looked at the travel costs and Air/Hotel/ Car Rental was around $11-1200. So the $1500 for that plus a game ticket ,plus a little food, plus a good time with FAU fans is well worth the price.  I can not wait ! Also, everyone needs to freshen up their Owl Gear. I'm sure It's Owl Time is eager to get the season started. So get an early start before the rush.
Back to the top

Booked my flights and hotel today. We will have a good group of 7 or 8 going! Can’t wait
Back to the top
Control functions: