Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Schmidt Complex for Academic & Athletic Excellence Groundbreaking Renderings

Add topic

I spoke with someone in athletics at one of the events and they said they are going to finish everything needed for game day this summer. Locker room expansion, trainers room, whirl pools. Stop construction for the season then pick up after the last home game.
Back to the top

Thank you even though stopping construction for the season seems a little silly to me, but hey I just help pay the bills with my money at the games. lol.  thanks again.
Back to the top

USMCOWL said

Thank you even though stopping construction for the season seems a little silly to me, but hey I just help pay the bills with my money at the games. lol.  thanks again.
Posted On: Jun 18th 2018, 1:21 PM #378868

AGREED! I would think construction in progress would draw attention and thus more donors, even small ones personally.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

USMCOWL said

Posted On: Jun 18th 2018, 1:21 PM #378868

AGREED! I would think construction in progress would draw attention and thus more donors, even small ones personally.
Posted On: Jun 18th 2018, 3:28 PM #378869

You guys ever think that they might not be able to continue construction while it’s in use? 
Back to the top

For the current work area I agree the work needs to be done.

But for the NEW structure and even the new practice fields, they could be in progress (NOT on game day) and a) show the public and recruits FAU IS progressing and b) GET IT BUILT! Not wasting 4 months more!  
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

For the current work area I agree the work needs to be done.

But for the NEW structure and even the new practice fields, they could be in progress (NOT on game day) and a) show the public and recruits FAU IS progressing and b) GET IT BUILT! Not wasting 4 months more!  
Posted On: Jun 19th 2018, 7:53 AM #378873
I doubt people won’t think it’s going to progress.
Back to the top

I hope not but seeing actual progress game to game would be nice still. And after again, after now HOW MANY YEARS of even getting this project started to even this small degree, FAU people have become accustomed to, to put it nicely, "project delays" and not PROGRESS.
Back to the top

According to a article in the Sun Sentinel the new facility expected to be ready for 2019. Tells me they plan on working through the year and not stopping for the football season. Florida Atlantic's $40 million athletic facility expected to open in 2019 - Sun Sentinel
Back to the top

Good I gave said before they should continue through the season if it is safe (NOT on gamedays) to help draw interest in the project. And that will be good for the Olympic ports who will then have the run of the Ox for their training making them better as well!

A final thought, part of this space IS being used for academics so are e getting ANY financial help for the project from the State, if not we should be. If say 10,000 sq. ft. is for academics of the 96,000 sq. ft. total than THAT proportion should be able to get State funding IMHO.

Glad to hear this news though, excited for the future, GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Funny, but right after I wrote my comment above, I rad this story on The FSU/Jimbo split, it is long but a good summer read;

Did monumental Jimbo Fisher hiring signify new era of unified leadership at long-fractious Texas A&M?

The funny thing is the talk of Jimbo wanting a seperate dedicated building for football that DID NOT SHARE SPACE WITH CLASSROOMS.

I AM PROUD THAT FAU IS PROUD TO HAVE ACADEMICS AND ATHLETICS MIX! Many have said Jimbo ran a dirty program, well I don't know much but I think he was wrong on THIS issue at least.
Back to the top
Control functions: