Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Rendering of what the FAU/Spanish River I95 Interchange would look like

Add topic

He used the words ingress and egress!! Seems like full on understanding to me  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Sorry but I comprehend it just fine. My degree is in Urban and Regional Planning Planning from FAU and I worked at the Broward County Office of Planning and Zoning before moving north to Georgis. I was heavily involved in Transportation Planning while there, both with roads and the Ft.Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport Expansion Planning.

Frankly my summary was accurate - this is not a Spanish River interchange except for the single ramp into FAU.

And in fact I have to question some of what is indicated on this illustration presented by the Florida Dept. of Transportation as strange in both layout and especially in terms of safety if the project in built as shown. I even looked at the aerial image of the entire interchange area prior to making my comments.

The turn radius for several of the ramps are quite extreme and frankly would be dangerous. Note on the southbound egress ramp from FAU just below Yamato whigh turns you back south. Quite dangerous (basically a hairpin loop) for anything larger than a small box truck. In addition, both of the ingress ramps on Yamato onto I-95 on the western side of the interchange indicate sharper turning radius than present.

Anyhow, enough of my analysis and comments. This is hopefully just a very rough illustration and the actual plans will offer safer turning radius than shown here. And I am glad that FAU will have direct acccess to and from I-95 to help redirect some traffic off of Glades. And I do hope (as others do too) that the signage will PROMINATELY indicate FAU in some way. FAU will have to dress up the northern entrance from Spanish River to equal those at Glades Road as well however!
Back to the top

^That's what you call laying the smack down.

GeorgiaOwl, for what it's worth, I'm not sure that diagram is particularly to scale but I agree with what you said about the egress ramp SB from Spanish River. That seems like a long way to go.
Back to the top

There will be an informational meeting held on Boca Raton Campus Wednesday from 6:00 - 8:00 PM if anyone is interested in attending:

It will be held in the Marleen and Harold Forkas Alumni Center.
Back to the top

Wheres the RENDERING????
Back to the top

Link is in the first post of this thread.
Back to the top

just tried it. doesnt work any more
Back to the top

Guess they have been removed, wasn't on our server.
Back to the top

The 95 exits leading in/out of FAU have been open for a little while now and it's pretty cool. Didn't get a picture of it but they're building new signs for the Research & Development Park entrance too.

Hopefully with this project wrapping up, Penn Florida will start their work on University Village.
Back to the top

Rendering of what the FAU/Spanish River I95 Interchange would look like

Owl2Doc said

The 95 exits leading in/out of FAU have been open for a little while now and it's pretty cool.
Posted On: Jul 4th 2018, 12:02 PM #379003

Have been meaning to take a short video to post of the drive in…keep forgetting…drive it all the time. It's a time saver for sure…

Back to the top
Control functions: