Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Disastrous Winged Logo Officially Out

Disastrous Winged Logo Officially Out
Back to the top

I liked the winged logo.  The head is a bit boring.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

STOP THE PRESSES

Dusky and OC40 have something in common! 

(yes really) 

:Big-Grin:

But it was way too small in the applications they were using it for and to be a primary image…
Back to the top

Rick said

STOP THE PRESSES

Dusky and OC40 have something in common! 

(yes really) 

:Big-Grin:

But it was way too small in the applications they were using it for and to be a primary image…
Posted On: Jul 13th 2018, 5:42 PM #379076

:Laughing:

I agree if that was the reason but was told by a reliable source it was not, who knows. Just visually I thought the winged logo looked better for athletics.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Streamlining was the primary reason, coupled with aligning to University version...
Back to the top

Very happy about this!

There wasn't an official announcement/statement from FAU somewhere, right?
Back to the top

There was a release but nothing public, no… 
Back to the top

I'll miss the full-bodied owl but I get the need to streamline your branding.  Not to mention there are times when that logo just didn't work (on the helmets - hard to see on TV, etc).

That being said, my new favorite will be the one in the middle above.

The ribbon with Florida Atlantic has too much going on, we're not yet to the point we can rock the Owl head only (ala Florida Gator), and most people know us as "FAU".

Only thing that might have gotten us more recognition would be Kiffin's visor and headset in silhouette.
Back to the top

FINALLY. The winged logo was completely incomprehensible when shrunk down for TV. It was just a bad logo.

Florida Atlantic University Owls
2007 Sun Belt Football Champions 2007 New Orleans Bowl Champions 2008 Motor City Bowl Champions 2011 Sun Belt Basketball Champions No Bowls without Owls
Back to the top
Control functions: