Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Best home game for College Gameday?

To pick up where we left off last season, I'd still really like for College Gameday to do a show from Boca Raton.

Looking at our home schedule and the national lineup, which one gives us the best chance of landing ESPN?
Back to the top

This year?

Air Force would be it…

Looking at the master schedule, this would seem to be the competition:

UCLA at Oklahoma
Mississippi State at Kansas State
Iowa State at Iowa
Clemson at Texas A&M
Back to the top

Sports Illustrated has Clemson at Texas A&M as the best week 2 game to watch.

They also have Texas A&M at Alabama as an honorable mention for week 4.  This could serve as a make up game for Texas A&M if they choose Air Force at FAU for week 2.

They have Clemson at FSU as the best week 9 game to watch, so that could serve as a make up game for Clemson if they choose Air Force at FAU for week 2.

And the number 1 game to watch during week 4 according to SI?  FAU at UCF.

(I would be sick to the stomach if FIU goes on a good run this season and they pick the Shula Bowl…away…).
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

(I would be sick to the stomach if FIU goes on a good run this season and they pick the Shula Bowl…away…).
Posted On: Jul 22nd 2018, 12:20 PM #379165

No matter how good FIU is this year (I'm one who thinks they will be much better than the media predictions), I highly doubt Gameday will ever go to Miami if its not to cover the Canes.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Hoot_N_Holler said

Posted On: Jul 22nd 2018, 12:20 PM #379165

I highly doubt Gameday will ever go to Miami if its not to cover the Canes.

Posted On: Jul 22nd 2018, 1:54 PM #379168

Ha! Thanks for talking me off the ledge.  After all the effort we put into hyping up the Shula Bowl last year and then Iowa not beating Wisconsin, I panicked at the thought of them revisiting this game.
Back to the top

We beat Oklahoma we can talk Gameday, otherwise we don’t have a shot. 

And isn’t FIU replacing 18 of 22 starters or something ridiculous? I see them ranked 120 in some pubs…you think they’re gonna be much better than that? 
Back to the top

teambeer said

We beat Oklahoma we can talk Gameday, otherwise we don’t have a shot. 

And isn’t FIU replacing 18 of 22 starters or something ridiculous? I see them ranked 120 in some pubs…you think they’re gonna be much better than that? 
Posted On: Jul 23rd 2018, 8:04 PM #379183

FIU lost A LOT, including their qb, they are counting on a transfer from Bowling Green who did not do very well there.
Back to the top

FIU's defense will be good, their running game should be good,  their top JUCO guys actually made it to campus and should contribute right away. Their question mark seems to be at QB, but they still have Butch – who is still a good coach – and I expect him to coach them up as he coached that team up last year.
Back to the top

Actually their D only has 4 returning starters and lost all 4 starting DB's! But they are adding a 4* JUCO DT (350 lbs. - but he is gonna get so tired!) and a Grad Transfer from Rutgers to fill some holes. On O lost starting QB, top RB, top WR and starting TE. Butch NOT gonna win 8 this year, maybe 6.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Actually their D only has 4 returning starters and lost all 4 starting DB's! But they are adding a 4* JUCO DT (350 lbs. - but he is gonna get so tired!) and a Grad Transfer from Rutgers to fill some holes. On O lost starting QB, top RB, top WR and starting TE. Butch NOT gonna win 8 this year, maybe 6.
Posted On: Jul 24th 2018, 6:10 AM #379192

Yeah, I would expect around 6 – that is better than where they have been projected. No way they will be at the bottom of C USA. I know they lost a lot but have a lot of young talent ready to take their turn.
Back to the top
Control functions: