Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

OU Watch Party?

Is it too early to plan a OU watch party ? We need to pick a business with plenty of TV's, fill it up with Owl fans, spend plenty of money to insure we are invited back, and show the world we have a solid fan base. Any ideas?
Back to the top

Never too early to plan anything - you might be surprised at how long it takes to get things lined up.

I'm planning to watch the game at our house with friends, but I can be persuaded to join a bunch of hyped up Owl fans.

In all honesty, I'm waiting for the university to announce something…hopefully cool and unique?  Haven't heard anything though.

My go to place for watching sports is Hijinks in Royal Palm Plaza.  I've mentioned it on the board before (no, not affiliated with the place) - good food, tons of TV's, nice owner who might be willing to let us crash there for the game (with audio, etc).

Any other interest?

Back to the top

As it stands right now, I will be going to an Oklahoma watch party by myself in DC, unless I hear about an FAU watch party.
Back to the top

I do not know what (or if) FAU Athletics will host anything official at a restaurant or two.

I used to organize watch parties in tandem with the alumni office. At an Alumni board meeting earlier this year, the alumni office told us they are decentralizing the efforts and allowing alumni around the country to host watch parties and post their plans on the FAU Alumni social networking site to gather interest – https://owlsconnect.com/ .  The site is pretty neat … it allows you to search for alumni living around your area. OwlDoc … did you sign up? Let's grow our Ohio, WV, Mich, Penn, Ken, Tenn, Ill area alumni!

I'm a proud lifetime member of the FAU National Alumni Association. Are you a member? Join now at www.faualumni.org.
Tradition in the Making, One Alum at a Time…
Back to the top

smittysahoot said

I do not know what (or if) FAU Athletics will host anything official at a restaurant or two.

I used to organize watch parties in tandem with the alumni office. At an Alumni board meeting earlier this year, the alumni office told us they are decentralizing the efforts and allowing alumni around the country to host watch parties and post their plans on the FAU Alumni social networking site to gather interest – https://owlsconnect.com/ .  The site is pretty neat … it allows you to search for alumni living around your area. OwlDoc … did you sign up? Let's grow our Ohio, WV, Mich, Penn, Ken, Tenn, Ill area alumni!
Posted On: Jul 28th 2018, 8:16 AM #379209

Thanks for the info - extremely helpful!  This answers one of my questions - what is FAU officially doing for the game here - and you've answered that.

Now we can plan something instead of waiting.

Choices in my opinion would be Hooters, The Irishmen, The Tilted Kilt, and Hijinks.  Any other recommendations?

To me it would be important to go somewhere that is supportive of FAU - dedicated TV's and audio for the game, etc.

Biggest games of the day shouldn't start until later, so hopefully this won't be a problem.

Ideas?  
Back to the top

Good evening all.

A buddy and I have the touched base with The Tilted Kilt in Boca Raton and they would be more than happy to host an FAU watch party for the Oklahoma game.

We're still ironing out some details but they would reserve the outside patio for us (and the place would obviously be open throughout).  I want to make sure they will have audio from the TV broadcast, and I'm requesting they reserve the parking spaces out front for us - I'm envisioning a tailgating type set up with flags, games, and possibly canopies if needed.

We're in the early planning phase but we did receive the go-ahead to put this out there.

Come one, come all - let's plan a #TiltedTakeOver for FAU fans!

Thoughts?
Back to the top

Wow, sounds nice!
Back to the top

Kilt would be perfect.I was hoping for something like this. I'm not much of a drinker, but I will probably uber there.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Kilt would be perfect.I was hoping for something like this. I'm not much of a drinker, but I will probably uber there.
Posted On: Aug 2nd 2018, 8:14 PM #379233

I was just about to email you.

Need a hand in getting this out there.  I'll tweet something before too long and ask a few people with more followers for retweets.

We gotta get together - this is a huge game and the hype will be unreal.
Back to the top

Is it possible to get a Facebook Event going. We could share the heck out of that. I'm old school and don't use social media much. I know this won't be a sanctioned event by the U, but can we start one?
Back to the top
Control functions: