Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Quarterback Situation

Yeah if he wants to compete here, good for him. It only helps our program, especially if De'Andre has another blood clot issue - similar issue kept coming back to haunt Chris Bosh. And Peavey has more experience than Robison. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season, then transition to Robison after a few games.
Back to the top

The drama is starting to build as we get closer to Oklahoma. I wonder if we'll see a qb transfer if they don't get the job. Maybe Robison and Deandre split time. I wouldn't be shocked if the loser of this competition transfers. 
Back to the top

David Slavic said

Yeah if he wants to compete here, good for him. It only helps our program, especially if De'Andre has another blood clot issue - similar issue kept coming back to haunt Chris Bosh. And Peavey has more experience than Robison. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season, then transition to Robison after a few games.
Posted On: Aug 8th 2018, 10:15 AM #379300

I mean he has more practice experience, but not that much more in actual games. He threw 4 passes for SMU last year. 

Back to the top

Yeah I can't see a transfer coming in and learning the offense well enough to get the start against OU in 3 weeks.

Robison was in the QB room all year, he knows the O, DeAndre knows the offense too. One of those two will show the maturity and command necessary to get the ball on Sept 1.

We need the insurance policy, I don't see Rafe being a factor until midway through the year. But I feel good about him being here should DeAndre get hurt again or Robison doesn't keep a cool head or Rex Grossman's his way around the field! Kid is crazy talented but seems a little…"passionate"

My guess (right now, without seeing them practice), DeAndre starts at OU, Robison plays, if we are losing, he'll get a shot, and if we're in it, then probably not. He has too much emotionally on the line and revenge isn't going to be the way we upset a program like OU, if it were to happen.
Back to the top

Either one will be fun to watch. With D'andre's running ability, Chris better be ready. One good hit is all it takes to need the next guy in line.
Back to the top

Here's a piece on Peavey via Jake Elman…

Why Peavey cam to FAU
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I agree that we have a good problem. Here's my two cents. If D'Andre gets the starting roll, Chris will bolt. He is too good to only start his senior year. If Chris starts, D'Andre stays as a back up. He has already traveled the country. What I've seen is this, Chris has a way stronger arm and is mobile.D'Andre is a better runner but lacks sip. If I were coach, I would start Chris and let him have the job for three consecutive years. He is a way above average QB. I would not waste him. D'Andre could  play a big roll even if he does not start.
Posted On: Jun 27th 2018, 5:29 PM #378978

Robinson's dad used to be on the Scout board(before it merged with 247). He was a good guy from  his posts. Never talked bad about the coaches and basically just talked about Chris's immaturity hurting him at OU. All he'd say is, "he likes the popularity of being the QB." Apparently there were a lot of girl issues.

Anyways, I just say that to point out that even with those issues his talent had OU fans pretty excited. I was one of them. If Kiffin can manage him and get him mentally ready, he should be a great QB for FAU for the next few years. Of course, I'm sure you guys know that already.
Back to the top

I agree with both of you. However, whoever loses the competition is bolting no matter what, that's my opinion. I have serious concerns about D'Andre's health and how that could affect his play. Considering Robison won the spring game with the 2nd teamers, I'd think he'd get the nod. However, reading articles, it seems D'Andre's going to win the job. I'm worried about his level of play coming off the blood clot issue.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I agree with both of you. However, whoever loses the competition is bolting no matter what, that's my opinion. I have serious concerns about D'Andre's health and how that could affect his play. Considering Robison won the spring game with the 2nd teamers, I'd think he'd get the nod. However, reading articles, it seems D'Andre's going to win the job. I'm worried about his level of play coming off the blood clot issue.
Posted On: Aug 11th 2018, 5:34 PM #379335

Honestly I just think some of the publications assume DJ will get the nod because he is more of a known commodity and a junior. Kiffin showed us last year going with Parr initially that none of that matters, he will play who he feels gives us the best chance to win. Way too soon to know who will get the nod, we may not know until right before kickoff of the OU game. For all we know Littlejohn could get it – however far fetched that may seem. I do think Robison starting against his old team would garner attention. What concerns me about Robison, besides the possible maturity issues, is the apparent "gunslinger" mentality. This will be a running team primarily, so the QB can still be explosive, but first and foremost needs to be a game manager.
Back to the top

In a new article in the PBP, it mentions that D'Andre is the frontrunner and basically a lock to be the starter. It said that Peavy could pass Robison on the depth chart. I think Robison transfers. My fear is that D'Andre is rusty and takes a few games to get comfortable.
Back to the top
Control functions: