Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Kiffin Poaching

Coach K being poached away talk already!

Will Lane Kiffin make move to Power Five school?

I say only if he wants to!

Back to the top

Article was interesting – 11 out of the 15 ADs polled said "nope". That's good for us.
Back to the top

I think the media has a way of putting ideas into the mind of masses like inception.  Like the lebron situation it was a just an idea that became a fact and the media spearheaded every step of it becoming real.  Kiffin is so popular because he is probably the most accessible college coach. He is a modern day coach using modern day tactics to engage with fans and players.  For example his twitter account primes him to  interact with fans, players and other sports stars.  Not a lot of coaches have a social media following and are old school, the AD's are old school as well.  My take is that he stays at FAU at least 4 years.  Yes, going to LSU would be fun to take a shot at Saban every year, but after that what more will you accomplish.  A 9-3 record yearly would not  cut it every year at an LSU, championships do.  At FAU he can create the program to whatever he wants, There is still a cloud over his name and it takes time to clean up an image.  Actually it takes years, and he can stay here and just win with low level pressure plus our  fans love him.  He can build a legacy here and continue to break records.  Its all about legacy, and what you did for the game or for a school.  Hes been around so much he has not made a legacy for himself except for twitter. Just like applying to universities some people are cut out better to go to a smaller school as opposed to a large school. I think this is the case for him, had he had an FAU from the beginning he may have been better off  securing a great legacy as an all -time great coach.  The one factor that worries me is money, the bigger programs have so much of it and that can be tempting.  We need to seriously pay this guy, last year was one of the greatest turnarounds in college football history.  Think about where we were all these years and where we are now.  I like the now, and I want the now feeling to continue with the winning and the breaking of records.  He wants a statue one day to secure his legacy, you cant have one if you keep jumping ship.  
Back to the top

2 years was a realistic number when he started…..and he's turned the culture around so quickly…..I dnt blame him if he moves to bigger things…..

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I think realistically he's going to make a Lebron move - I think he'll go to the program that offers him his desired lifestyle. He's young, single, but also a dad, and would probably want to be in a family-friendly place that also offers a good dating scene. I don't think Baton Rouge really offers that, plus you'd have to play against Saban every year.

I think realistically he's going to go to a Pac12 program where he can win in the conference quickly, and compete in the CFP on a regular basis, and also has a laid-back atmosphere and good social life. And I'm sure that several Pac12 North programs will be looking for new coaches soon. Justin Wilcox went 5-7 in the North, and it's hard to believe that Herm Edwards will be at Arizona State for very long.

I really think he waits for the right fit and doesn't chase money. He could have made more as LSU's OC than as FAU's HC.
Back to the top

Only if he wants those totally awful expectations and pressures - lot's of $$$ but an awful quality of life, and short term monetary gains mostly at that I think! Build you dynasty in Boca Coach K - be a happy man with a great lifestyle!
Back to the top

This is the Baton Rouge Rural Life Museum, apparently it's quite the happening place in Baton Rouge, and probably a welcome change from the Boca Hotel and Club where Kiffin frequently tries to go out with my boss's niece.

Redirect Notice
Back to the top

Marty Smith on his America podcast says Kiffin is extremely happy here and doesn't see a move for a couple of years….hopefully, another round of conference musical chairs happens before that

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

New article with a video out - not really about poaching;

Aricle

Nice interview with Coach K!

Back to the top
Control functions: