Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Preseason Camp

I'm with you Georgia. I'v seen baseball contracts that stated the player couldn't ride a motorcycle, snow ski, water ski, hunt, or even sky dive. This is he riskiest and dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm with you Georgia. I'v seen baseball contracts that stated the player couldn't ride a motorcycle, snow ski, water ski, hunt, or even sky dive. This is he riskiest and dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.
Posted On: Aug 8th 2018, 3:01 PM #379306

YUP, REMEMBER RON GANT RUINING HIS BASEBALL CAREER WITH THE BRAVES RIDING A MOTORCYCLE! FROM ALL-STAR TO GONE!
Back to the top

Yeah it's mind-blowing. Huge gamble, even in a weak conference like the Big 12.
Back to the top

FAU football completed day six of preseason camp and arguably it was the hottest preseason camp day thus far. The tempo was up and the competitiveness was present through the final whistle.

Redshirt sophomore defensive lineman Leighton McCarthy

McCarthy on the strength of a deep defensive line and has the line improved?

“Of course, we are going to get better every day, especially on the field. Everyone on the defensive line is locked in.”

You made a tremendous jump last year. How important was Coach (Eric) Mathies in that?

“He was good. When I slack off, he is on me. I will never have an off day.”

On the defense’s aggressiveness

“Our coach (Defensive Coordinator Tony Pecoraro) is going to bring it. He is pretty aggressive so he is going to make us aggressive.”

Junior defensive tackle William Davis

Coming off an awesome season, what do you look to improve upon this season?

“We look at film and (we’re) slow or things were off. This season we are looking to really improve for a better season and just to keep dominating. What we started last year we have to finish.”

How would you describe the defensive scheme? Is it a lot different or has it been seamless?

“Coach Pec (Defensive Coordinator Tony Pecoraro) loves defense and we love the defense. It fits us very well, flying around to the ball and that is a big compliment for us.”

How deep do you think the defensive line can be? Can you go 10 deep in some games?

“Two deep? We can go three deep in some positions. We have good depth and throughout the camp so far, everyone has gotten good reps, 1’s, 2’s, 3’s. Everyone has been put somewhere and somewhere they can perform.”

What is the difference between Coach (Lane) Kiffin in year one and year two? How different now from this time a year ago?

“There is no difference (in Lane Kiffin). The difference is with the players. Us actually believing what he is saying and what his method does, and are just believing and going with it no questions asked.”

The Owls will begin Friday, Aug. 10th practice at 8:50 a.m.
Back to the top

Important!
Posts from this topic have been moved by Rick. 3 posts have been transferred to Kiffin Poaching.
Important!

GeorgiaOwl said

Coach K being poached away talk already!

Will Lane Kiffin make move to Power Five school?

I say only if he wants to!

Posted On: Aug 10th 2018, 10:28 AM #379318

Next time please start a new topic, thanks
Back to the top

With Saturday’s scrimmage next on the docket, the Owls wrapped another camp session Friday on the Tom Oxley Practice Fields. In the meantime, the team recorded another preseason accolade with Athlon Sports ranking the linebackers as the nation’s 25th best unit. That unit is led by Azeez Al-Shaair, who finished the 2017 season with the fifth most tackles in the nation.

Graduate transfer quarterback Rafe Peavey

When you were looking at places to transfer to, what stood out about FAU?

Not going to lie, it was really Coach (Lane) Kiffin. I wanted to come play from him, and learn from him. He came here and won (11) games his first year, so that’s pretty remarkable and shows how great of a coach he is.”

How would you describe your skillset as a quarterback?

“I consider myself a dual threat, so if the play breaks down I can try to make something happen with my feet. I’m not always the guy that has to stay in there, even though I like to. But at the same time, if everyone is covered downfield, I’m not afraid to go take off and try to get what I can.”

Are you a guy that looks back and says everything happens for a reason, or have I learned something about myself because of the struggles I’ve been through?

“I went to Arkansas out of high school, and that’s where I met my fiancée. Then went down to Southern Methodist and got an $80,000-a-year education, got my degree from there in economics, and then came here … I think there’s a reason for everything, and I don’t always have to know the answer, my answer just has to be yes when I feel called to go somewhere or do something.”

The Owls move to FAU Stadium for Saturday’s 2 p.m. practice, which will be a scrimmage setting for media members only. Sunday will be a recovery day for the Owls with practice resuming on the Tom Oxley Practice fields at 10 a.m. Monday morning.
Back to the top

Every day that passes, I get more and more ready for the season.  Hoping for an injury free pre-season.
Back to the top

Rick said

GeorgiaOwl said

Coach K being poached away talk already!

Will Lane Kiffin make move to Power Five school?

I say only if he wants to!

Posted On: Aug 10th 2018, 10:28 AM #379318

Next time please start a new topic, thanks
Posted On: Aug 10th 2018, 1:33 PM #379321

I TRIED TO AGAIN - WILL HAVE TO CALL YA SOON! SORRY!:Laughing:
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I TRIED TO AGAIN - WILL HAVE TO CALL YA SOON! SORRY!:Laughing:
Posted On: Aug 10th 2018, 9:37 PM #379326

Check your e-mail…
Back to the top
Control functions: