Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

4* JUCO DL Charles Cameron Commits to FAU's Class of 2018

Add topic

One thing I've learned about juco's, they are and always will be unreliable. If they show up and make the grade….great. If they fade away….oh well. Too bad. This kid was very good.
Back to the top

Rick said

FAU is making a push to keep Cameron… This isn't over yet but still could be…heres to hoping he bounces off the wall and realizes camp is almost over and the best is yet to come. 

Let's hope so. He'd probably appreciate it more if he had won 11 games last season; the general consensus seems to be that camp is "easier" for coaches this year because the players know that all this preparation allowed them to be dominant last season.

Back to the top

I think this is part of having a much stronger program and coaching staff now. I think it's pretty common for guys that end up kind of buried on the depth chart, especially if they're JUCO guys that have had a hard time getting on the field, to transfer out soon than later.

I think the assessment by Local is on-point. JUCO guys can be really hit or miss. They shouldn't be the core of our signing classes, but should just be used to supplement weak spots in the depth chart.
Back to the top

C'mon Charles, man up and compete! If you are good enough you will play!
Back to the top

Since I don't know anything, go ahead and check into this later to verify…maybe with other "news sites" that wrote articles about it with no details since they are more credible.

But…

HE SAYS HE'S STAYING

:cool:  :Hug:  :Laughing:  :Hug:  :Love:  :Hug:  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Atta boy Rick...always a step ahead.
Back to the top

Well lookie there…here's our boy now at today's practice fully suited up. Special thanks to Jake Elman for taking the time to confirm my report from earlier this morning.

Back to the top

Well good for him and good choice Charles. Like I said, man up and battle!!!

What is with the new generation wanting everything handed to them and transferring immediately if they don't get what they want. In life ya gotta fight for what ya want and then ya gotta fight to keep it!

Owl players, I am old school and 62. I am currently playing in the Ultimate Tennis Men's SINGLES playoffs in Atlanta and am in the Quarterfinals of the CITY Championships. I am playing guys from 18 on up, mostly in upper 20's and low 30's and WINNING! I have NOT PLAYED singles tennis til this Summer season since he mid '70's. These young don't give me anything - I have to beat them!

Be an OWL!! Fight - Compete - Win!!!
Back to the top

I know Cameron adds depth to the O-line. In a recent video interview I saw of Kiffin, he mentioned a lack of depth on the O-line. Is that true?
He also mentioned some quit after last season.
I don't remember where I saw the video. Whether it was twitter or maybe the SS.

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Cameron is DL..we're good there… 
Back to the top
Control functions: