Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 FAU Football Preseason Camp

After a Saturday scrimmage and a day off the practice field Sunday, FAU football weathered a long rain and lightning delay to eventually wrap up camp session No. 9 on Monday afternoon.

Additionally, off the field, junior running back Devin Singletary merited a Third Team Preseason All-American mention by College Sports Madness, and senior defensive end Hunter Snyder was named to the Ted Hendricks Award Watch List, recognizing the best DE in Division 1 college football.

In Snyder’s past three seasons with the Owls, he has totaled 112 tackles, and led all FAU defensive linemen with 57 total tackles last season. Eight of Snyder’s tackles in the 2017 season resulted in a total of 53 yards lost by opposing offenses.

Junior Tight End Harrison Bryant

On what he added to his game in the off-season

“I tried to focus on really doing the little things right and doing whatever I can to add myself into the offense and help it click better and help the team out.”

On how he and John Raine complement each other

“We both do whatever we can to help the offense succeed…our games go together really well … I feel like we’re going to have a really good year, not only receiving, but blocking and doing whatever we can … Last year, against Middle Tennessee, we were primarily in a two-tight end set and we both had a lot of receptions that game and we really had a successful game, not only us catching the ball, but blocking well for Motor. He had four or five touchdowns that game, so it was a really good game.”

The Owls’ next camp session is Tuesday and it begins at 9:30 a.m. at the Tom Oxley Practice Fields.
Back to the top

For the second time in as many days, the Owls' practice was interrupted by weather. Fortunately, they were able to get all periods in on both days. Tuesday also ended on a high note with senior wide receiver DeAndre McNeal being named to the Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award Watch List.

The Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award recognizes the top offensive player in Division I football who also exhibits the enduring characteristics that define Earl Campbell: integrity, performance, teamwork, sportsmanship, drive, community and tenacity; specifically, tenacity to persist and determination to overcome adversity and injury in pursuit of reaching goals. In addition, the nominee must meet one or more of the following criteria: born in Texas and/or graduated from a Texas High School and/or played at a Texas-based junior college or four-year college.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin on Tuesday’s Practice

“Dealt back-to-back days of some weather delays. It is what it is. Talked to the team. Just like our speaker Ryan Leaf, last night, he was great. One of his sayings, worry about what you can control. You can’t control a lot of things. Just like the lightning. We can’t control that. Guys did a good job of handling the delays and going back out and getting the work that we needed to get done. We are pushing ahead. Not a whole lot of difference to report. I would say maybe the offense is maybe a little more productive than they have been early on all fronts and was in the scrimmages as well. A part of that was we didn’t play Hunter Snyder. We limited some guys up front to 10-15 snaps so that we could see some down the line guys play. That probably had a lot to do with that, but at practice it hadn’t been that way. Like everything we talk about, there is good and bad when you are playing yourself. The good is that we are making plays on offense. The bad is we have to limit explosive plays.”

The Owls will return to the Tom Oxley Practice Fields at 9 a.m. Wednesday and Thursday.
Back to the top

Thanks Rick!  Hope all is going well for you.
Back to the top

An uninterrupted practice was completed by the FAU football on Wednesday as the Owls moved through one of their last days of preseason camp in preparation for game week against Oklahoma to open the 2018 campaign.

The Owls will return to the Tom Oxley Practice Fields at 9 a.m. on both Thursday and Friday before completing their final scrimmage on Saturday.

On Sunday, fans will be able to participate in the 2018 Meet and Greet and will be treated to an autograph session on the FAU Stadium Hyundai Deck, second floor, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Activities also include face painting and games.
Back to the top

FAU football's preseason camp draws near the end with Media Day and a Fan Meet and Greet scheduled for Sunday and with the 2018-19 academic year starting on Monday. Thursday was a day for the defense to shine and they did so with several picks during the team sessions of practice.

Head Coach Lane Kiffin on Thursday

“Good practice. No weather issues. Obviously, that has been an issue lately. We haven’t tackled very much because we wanted to make sure that we were practicing smart. Saturday, we are going to tackle. We have been doing drills with it. Obviously, it is a concern. Anytime, even though we have a lot of returning starters, probably why we haven’t as much. With lack of depth issues, especially at offensive spots, we have definitely limited that on purpose. I think Saturday will show us a lot on that because it will be our one test of that.”
Back to the top

In its final practice before its second scrimmage of the fall on Saturday, the Florida Atlantic football team took part in a spirited session on Friday.

Running Back Devin “Motor” Singletary on Camp so Far

“We’re definitely moving along the right path on our way to the goals that we’re trying to accomplish, so as long as we keep doing what we’re doing, I think it’s going to be a pretty good year.”

Saturday’s scrimmage will be completely closed, including members of the media, but will be a full contact session.

On Sunday, fans will be able to participate in the 2018 Meet and Greet and will be treated to an autograph session on the FAU Stadium Hyundai Deck, second floor, from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Activities also include face painting and games.

The Owls will resume regular season practice on Monday, and will likely start Oklahoma prep in the Thursday to Friday range with another scrimmage (also closed) on Saturday, August 25th.

The long awaited announcement time regarding the naming of a starting quarterback still remains unsettled, but should be forthcoming soon.
Back to the top

Anyone going to the Meet and Greet?
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

Anyone going to the Meet and Greet?

Posted On: Aug 19th 2018, 1:00 PM #379489

Was going to bring my son but hurt my back so had to cancel.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Sorry to hear that Dusky! Get better soon!
Back to the top

Really! Rest up . We need you at 100% in two weeks.
Back to the top
Control functions: