Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football in the 2018 Polls

No dice, Owls are left out of the 2018 AP Preseason Top 25…

FAU received 38 votes, which places them #30 by default.
Back to the top

Disappointing, but the poll seems pretty accurate.
Back to the top

Prove 'em wrong players and Coaches - it is where ya FINISH!
Back to the top

Disappointing. Being realistic about the early part of the schedule, it may be difficult to reach the poll until much later in the season if we go on a similar run in conference as last year.
Back to the top

Or, the Owls go 3-1 with an upset of UCF and they crack the polls.  The glass-half-full approach is to look at Boise and UCF as the only G5 schools ahead of FAU, and to play OU well and then see how things go with the Knights.  
Back to the top

I agree, if we lose to OU, we can just win the next 3 straight and get in the top 25. If not, then just run the table in conference and we should be in. Good showing in the bowl game is another chance. We have a lot of chances.
Back to the top

I agree. UCF is the one we really need to have our eyes on, while also not dropping a game to AF. An upset of UCF, if our only loss is to OU, and we'll be in good shape heading into conference play.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

I agree. UCF is the one we really need to have our eyes on, while also not dropping a game to AF. An upset of UCF, if our only loss is to OU, and we'll be in good shape heading into conference play.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2018, 11:21 AM #379555

AF is not necessarily a slouch. Don't want them looking past that game.
Back to the top

d-owl said

David Slavic said

Posted On: Aug 21st 2018, 11:21 AM #379555

AF is not necessarily a slouch. Don't want them looking past that game.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2018, 12:12 PM #379557

I guarantee this will be a tough game for us.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

No doubt Air Force will pose problems.  I am not trying to compare the FAU defense now to the one we all saw against Navy to start last year, but expect a very disciplined team who will line up and try to run the ball effectively.  The triple option is built on execution, and excels when the other team makes a mistake or blows an assignment.  The Owls have a very fast and aggressive defense, and sometimes that over-pursuit and players attempting to make big plays rather than focus on staying with their assignment is what lets the option do what it does best.

FAU ***should*** have the talent to win the game, but it will be far from easy.
Back to the top
Control functions: