Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Next up: Bethune Cookman

Local Owl said

@Dusky..I am 100% certain that Garrin was in communication with FAU prior to any hire. He could have been re-hired at the previous salary and moral would not have been affected. As a matter of fact, the moral of the returning players would have improved. Now that the facts are stated, we can move forward.
Posted On: Sep 9th 2018, 9:26 PM #380587

😂

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

I'm so glad we have our QB of the future now. What I wonder is, do we really have to give Motor a ton of carries and have the offense be built around him to succeed? Does Robison really "have" to be a dual threat? Personally, I'll take Robison throwing freaking darts over any dual threat QB right now. Can't wait to lay this beatdown on Bethune Cookman. The home schedule the rest of the way is a joke, so as far as I'm concerned the win yesterday assured us of going 6-0 at home. I wouldn't mind to totally change our offensive mindset and use Motor as a complimentary piece. Durante, Willie, Harrison, and Cousart make up what now looks to be a lethal receiving corps. Willie and Durante are unstoppable.
Back to the top

The passing and running number are a bit misleading. All those end around plays with Wright and Durant and considered pass plays because the QB is flicking the ball forward. Those plays have been blocked very well and are basically running plays.

Teams are selling out to stop the inside run and we are hurting them with our speedy WR's. You keep running those and it will open things up for big runs late as long as they do not get called back.
Back to the top

With the passing game opening up (EXPLODING!) the run game will follow suit! Hard to defense both at our level. Coach K and OC will just attack whatever is their weakest area and take what they give. Special Needs , er….oops… Teams though????
Back to the top

Massey has a composite ranking of all D1 college football teams, and they have a win probability/expected score for just about every football game that gets played each week (Massey Ratings).

This week they give the Owls (#64 in the composite rankings) a 100% chance of winning (BC is #216), with a projected score of 45-7.  If you check the site out, you'll also see they think it will be another bad week for CUSA in OOC games.  Their projections:

UNT loses to Arkansas 41-31
UAB loses to Tulane 31-20
Southern Miss loses to App State 35-14
UTSA loses to Kansas State 31-7
MTSU loses to Georgia 47-7
Marshall loses to South Carolina 34-13
WKU loses to Louisville 45-17
UTEP loses to Tennessee 45-7

Most of those losses are to be expected against P5 teams, though.

Only OOC wins are us and FIU over UMass (34-31).  They have ODU squeaking out a win against Charlotte in conference play (24-23).

As for the composite rankings, FAU is the highest of all the CUSA schools at #64 (La Tech is next at #89, and Marshall is the only other one to crack the top 100 at #92).  This composite includes the FCS (old 1-AA) schools, and there are some CUSA schools that are well behind many programs from that level.  And for comparison's sake, the top 2 teams at FCS are ranked higher than FAU (North Dakota State is #53 and James Madison is #62).
Back to the top

Cool stuff!  
Back to the top

I would think UNT might have a chance, only one who does IMHO.
Back to the top
Control functions: