Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

BC Band

"I am coming from a small school that has an award-winning band (Western Carolina University - look them up), and I was entertained and a little perturbed all at the same time."

You do have a good band up there, my daughter traveled there from GA for a  HS Band Competition!

I have been on the band size since before the stadium was built and it is about the same. I keep hearing $$$ but how can a Western Carolina or a Jacksonville St., a Troy and the BCU and FL A&M's afford it then???

It IS sad to see us outsized every time a visiting band comes and sad to hear the "nice" comments form the opposing fans at EVERY GAME!

Other excuses are No Band Director (wonder WHY???) as well. It is up t=o Dr. Kelly to decide to budget the $$$ for a [at minimum proportionate size band (150-200 total minimum IMHO). WE HAVE the HS bands in S. Fl or states like Alabama grant in-state tuition to those from out-of-state if they play in the Marching Band. Many from our HS in Ga. have done this at Bama schools!!!
Back to the top

Just watched the videos for both bands - thank you so much for posting them, really enjoyed both!

And FAU Band - keep it up, you are improving each year and I am very proud of your efforts and quality of work!
Back to the top

Here are more videos of both bands, including the halftime shows, from the upper stands.
Daphne Wiley - FAU and BCU marching band videos | Facebook
Back to the top

Interesting that here is a story and ranking of the HCBC Marching Bands just days after hosting them in FAU Stadium;

Bethune-Cookman, Winston-Salem State are top-ranked HBCU bands — The Undefeated

Back to the top

bmarkey said

The Marching Owls, Dance Team and Cheerleaders keep the tradition of singing the alma mater alive. It's too bad the football team does not participate. See the video here.
Posted On: Sep 16th 2018, 5:34 PM #380866

Great tradition. I always try to get over their and sing it with them.

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top
Control functions: