Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ #18 UCF Game Thread - September 21, 2018

Add topic

I'm shocked that this is the first time you bet against FAU. I took OU and I'm taking UCF. I love FAU ,but money is money. I'm thinking 20 -23 points. My buddy in Vegas said it may be 35.
Back to the top

All the talk a few weeks ago was based on hopes. Not facts. We now have something to base our predictions on.
Back to the top

On the UCF side, our QB was just not himself against our FCS opponent.  He threw three INTs in the first half and his timing was off the whole night.  Defensive tackling was poor against UConn's mobile QB.

We all would have preferred to play the UNC game if for no other reason than to play another early-season game to fix our mistakes.  That didn't happen.

This all said, I'm grateful for the team we have and the position we're in.  The Knights are untested but that will change Friday.  We're all looking forward to it!

www.essency.net
Back to the top

I don't see this going well.

Reading that we're taking it a little easy this week makes me wonder if that will lead to a bunch of missed tackles again.

I do think FAU will try to give us an Air Force-level performance but our DC weakened our defense and our special teams play is atrocious, so that means tons of points for UCF.

We're going to get behind and not be able to catch up despite a decent effort.

Which is really frustrating because we had so much momentum after last year but as Kiffin pointed out at the beginning of Fall practice, this team is different than last year's team.

I'm hoping Kiffin corrects our defense before we lose too many games. One blocked punt or a missed field goal shouldn't lose us games if we score the way we did last year… but few sacks, few interceptions and too many easy completions from being out of position will definitely lose us games.
Back to the top

We need to go back to playing TIGHT man coverage, THAT will give DL time for pressure. I have always hated zones, GIVES a good QB spaces to pass to all day long! Just run your routes through the seams GIVEN!
Back to the top

Just FYI I saw that UCF is doing a blackout for this game. I'm not sure if anything is organized yet but we should all be wearing red friday night.  

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

We need to go back to playing TIGHT man coverage, THAT will give DL time for pressure. I have always hated zones, GIVES a good QB spaces to pass to all day long! Just run your routes through the seams GIVEN!
Posted On: Sep 18th 2018, 6:23 AM #380937

Except for the part where we have been playing way more man this year. Been exposed a bit. 
More turnovers are forced in zones which we ran a lot last year.
A lot of 2 deep zone man underneath (why jalen had 6 picks) they also show a lot of cover 2 and slide a saftybinto a robber position. 

Like I say in the POD the best way to best UCF is make them go 10-12 plays to score. I don’t care if they dink and dunk you are playing to force 3 turnover and hold them to 35 points. 
Back to the top

duder said

Just FYI I saw that UCF is doing a blackout for this game. I'm not sure if anything is organized yet but we should all be wearing red friday night.  
Posted On: Sep 18th 2018, 8:46 AM #380938

The team is wearing white, so we should all be wearing white for that game.

EDIT: I was wrong, wear Red!

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

The athletics department has asked all FAU fans to wear red.

I LOVE that call. Red is much easier to see on television than white.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Sep 18th 2018, 6:23 AM #380937

Except for the part where we have been playing way more man this year. Been exposed a bit. 
More turnovers are forced in zones which we ran a lot last year.
A lot of 2 deep zone man underneath (why jalen had 6 picks) they also show a lot of cover 2 and slide a saftybinto a robber position. 

Like I say in the POD the best way to best UCF is make them go 10-12 plays to score. I don’t care if they dink and dunk you are playing to force 3 turnover and hold them to 35 points. 
Posted On: Sep 18th 2018, 9:24 AM #380941

and to keep Motor going by getting 4 and 5 yrs gains…most likely going to see Robison/Johnson run more than we have up to now…..and we're going to have to hit a couple of well timed home runs…..all this could keep us in striking distance

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top
Control functions: