Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ #18 UCF Game Thread - September 21, 2018

Add topic

I'm not sure where my seats are yet, but we will be on the visitor site.  Getting them through someone at FAU so I think we will be with the players families, whatever that section may be.  There'll be three of us in red.  I'm not sure where we will be tailgating yet either but I think our plan is to grab some publix subs have a couple beers at the car then travel around with a styrofoam cooler to see the sights. I've been up to the stadium twice but parked and tailgated off-site both times.

FAU - We got Bowls!
Back to the top

Unless you bought from FAU and are north endzone you are in general admission or in STH section.  There is only 5k tickets UCF will not sell  and can be boyght by FAU itself.    If you bought from second market you are ucf section. 

Rumor has it ucf not happy with fau returning so many tickets and will affect future series possibilities.  
Back to the top

I am not surprised and I don't know how low or high the attendance will be but an away game on friday 3 hours from home is not easy to attend.
If the game was saturday; it would be a different story.
Back to the top

2 Owl Fans inbound from NC.  Sitting in section 231 wearing RED!  I will be out there well before kickoff and I know Hoot N Holler will be out there tailgating (looking for the jeep).  Anyone else tailgating?  GO Owls!
Back to the top

rob2313 said

Unless you bought from FAU and are north endzone you are in general admission or in STH section.  There is only 5k tickets UCF will not sell  and can be boyght by FAU itself.    If you bought from second market you are ucf section.

Rumor has it ucf not happy with fau returning so many tickets and will affect future series possibilities.

Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 1:07 PM #380987
For any of the UCF guys trolling here, how many fans do UCF's other OOC opponents bring?  I totally get that the expectation might be a Florida school would sell more tickets, but as others pointed out this is a Friday night game versus a Saturday.  Probably impossible to find the numbers, but if FAU has 2000 or more fans there (lets say 1000 through the school tickets and 1000 through the secondary market) I would think that has to be fairly comparable to any OOC games you play that don't involve a P5 team - especially for a non-Saturday contest.

And we don't fill our own stadium, so it would surprise me if the UCF athletic department expected FAU to sell a ton of tickets.  And… I am still not 100% sure, but if you stick all of your visitors up in section 224/225 and charge $55 per ticket, I am not surprised if you don't get many visiting fans.  Those seem like pretty bad seats.
Back to the top

FOR $55, HECK YES THOUGH ARE EXPENSIVE SEATS!
Back to the top

I can confirm with y'all that this "story" of FAU returning thousands of tickets to UCF is as fake as UCF's national championship.

I love that UCF is claiming a national championship, but if people are going to come on our message board without all the facts, then I'm going to clap back.

That being said, I'm making the drive on I-4 Thursday night. I will be walking around campus Friday afternoon before the game. If you see me, feel free to say hello. I'll be the guy with a laptop case wearing red.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU Student Tickets are for section 225. FAU Athletics had a flash sale with 300 student tickets that sold out, FAU Student Government has two full charter buses with a waitlist, and Student Government had another flash sale which sold out.

I plan to be there. Go Owls!

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

I can confirm with y'all that this "story" of FAU returning thousands of tickets to UCF is as fake as UCF's national championship.
Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 3:31 PM #380993

+1

They have sold over 1,750 tickets and are still selling them…so considering a 3k allotment and two days to go, someone is definitely off base…
Back to the top

Rick said

Jack D Whidden III said

+1

They have sold over 1,750 tickets and are still selling them…so considering a 3k allotment and two days to go, someone is definitely off base…

Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 4:31 PM #380998

Rick said

Jack D Whidden III said

+1

Posted On: Sep 19th 2018, 4:31 PM #380998

Not to mention a lot of Student Tickets…..

Revolution- n. A large amount of change in a short amount of time.   FAU- n. The place where tomorrow begins.
Back to the top
Control functions: