Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

My FAU vs. UCF preview using advanced stats and analytics

I'm back guys, was almost too scared to come back after that first Robison performance, but he's bounced back rather nicely.

Here's my preview, been working a ton so I didn't get finished till later than I hoped and did a lot of it on the plane so it's not as good visually as my FAU preview was:

FAU vs. UCF Preview using advanced stats and analytics

Hope you guys enjoy it, I think it'll be a really good game and im looking forward to being there.
Back to the top

Back to the top

MY FAU vs. UCF preview using advanced stats and analytics

Not sure if I posted this in the right spot last night, if I did, I apologize for double posting. But if I didn't here's my preview on the game tomorrow night.

Previewing the UCF vs. FAU Showdown Using Analytics and Advanced Stats | Power 6 Analytics

Probably actually a little more FAU orientated than UCF, but I think it should be a good game!

Did most of the work on the plane ride down to Orlando so it's not as visual as my season preview, but the same type of info.

Again, sorry if I posted this in here last night, this site is a little confusing for me haha
Back to the top

Looking back at our attitudes before the season, when we were talking from our hearts, we had big hopes for this game. Now , we are kind of quiet. You guys might think I'm crazy, but I have a good feeling about tomorrow night. It will be emotional. We have a great coach. Our QB has three games under his belt. Yes , we are playing a strong team. I think we will play them tough. I pray our punter , snapper, kicker , st coach , have gotten their act together. If we don't mess up on special teams….close game.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

pray our punter , snapper, kicker , st coach , have gotten their act together.
Posted On: Sep 20th 2018, 7:19 PM #381026

+1

:cool:

Back to the top

+100000000000
Back to the top

I’m a UCF guy and I like FAU in this game. I’ll probably be the only UCF fan to admit that I don’t think Heupel is that great and they’re no where near the offense they were last season bc of him. I also think FAU is better than people think. I also have watched both teams games about 2/3 times closely
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Looking back at our attitudes before the season, when we were talking from our hearts, we had big hopes for this game. Now , we are kind of quiet. You guys might think I'm crazy, but I have a good feeling about tomorrow night. It will be emotional. We have a great coach. Our QB has three games under his belt. Yes , we are playing a strong team. I think we will play them tough. I pray our punter , snapper, kicker , st coach , have gotten their act together. If we don't mess up on special teams….close game.

I think most of us had a "good" feeling going into the OU game – not expecting to win obviously, but also not expecting one, if not the worst body bag games in FAU history. Unfortunately the taste of that is still in a lot of our mouths. At some point FAU has to break through in one of these types of games, but to me the team would have to be "clicking" to be competitive. I'm not sure if this team has gelled enough yet to pull it out, and I unfortunately don't believe this game will be too close (although I think we could make it interesting early).

With that said, two things give me a little optimism:1. I honestly don't think the UCF unexpected week off is to their advantage. They have essentially played nobody yet and the week off could throw them off whatever routine they were building towards, allowing us to pounce on them early. Secondly, they could be overlooking this game (no matter what they are saying) after seeing the OU blowout and thinking they will just blow us out the water.
Back to the top

I have to admit I feel better about this game than I did earlier in the week, but I still have a tough time imagining we will cover the spread 
Back to the top

Local Owl said

EVERYONE is quiet this week….including our coach.  Makes me think the team is amped and ready to roll.  I think we keep it close for the first half maybe 3 quarters.  My concern is the 4th quarter…..always is when we are playing teams that are ranked or in higher conferences.  

Fingers crossed for a solid performance, period.  We MUST look good on National TV!
Back to the top
Control functions: