Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

My FAU vs. UCF preview using advanced stats and analytics

From a coach's mind, this is what I know. Kiffen and the two coordinators are looking at this game as "the " game. This may be FAU's most important game of the year. Non conference , yes. But UCF is riding a huge winning streak. The best team in the state. For FAU to rise up, this is a must game. Not a must win game . But a must make a good showing game. Our kids will be mentally ready. Can't wait for 7.
Back to the top

I hope you're right!

It's one thing to plan out the perfect strategy beforehand as a "brilliant offensive mind" but we also have to show up and execute.

This game can have recruiting implications as well.

Let's go, Owls!
Back to the top

Not "can". WILL. That is why it is "the" game.
Back to the top

I'm excited because it seems like our coaches believe this game is winnable. Before the OU game, Kiffin was outright saying how our team had no chance and that we were going to get blown out. In the past, Kiffin has stayed away from hyping a game up before it starts. Especially for national games because he doesn't want to be embarrassed on a national audience.

But all week he's been hyping up this UCF game and been sounding pretty confident. My gut instinct is he sees something he can exploit. Maybe we have been gameplanning this game all off season and he's developed all sorts of fancy plays to throw off UCF.

Our offense has played very vanilla so far and I imagine its for a reason. Man this game is huge.
Back to the top
Control functions: