Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

MTSU Coach Stockstill on 2018 Match-Up with FAU

MTSU Coach Stockstill on 2018 Match-Up with FAU

On what he’s seen from FAU’s QB in his first 4 starts

“He’s got good players around him. He’s got great receivers and he’s got that running back behind him. He looks like he’s probably a little bit more athletic and better runner than what they had last year, so he can move around and extend plays. He’s got a good arm. And seems to be a good decision maker. He had done a really good job from a decision making standpoint. He’s an excellent football player. You don’t sign at Oklahoma if you’re not a good player."

On FAU’s Singletary

“Last year he was the best. He was the offensive player of the year. He’s the best right now and he’s leading the nation in scoring and touchdowns. He was third all-time in the history of college football for touchdowns in a season last year when he had 33. You don’t score that many touchdowns unless you’re good. So the last year and a half, he’s been the best running back in this conference.”

On FAU’s defense

“I don’t really look at the stats, but from the games I’ve watched and all the film I’ve studied, they’re a really good defense. They were really good last year and they returned a lot of guys. They’ve got good linebackers and good guys up front, we we’ll have our work cut out for us against this really good team."

“I think it is because the first game of the year, Oklahoma scored a bunch of points on them and they’ve scored a bunch of points on everybody. UCF is an explosive team. It was a 21-17 game at half time. Then UCF got a couple of touchdowns in the second half. But this is a really good defense. Then they play Bethune Cookman and Bethune put up some points. Bethune scored a couple of times in the fourth quarter to make it look a little closer than it was. You look at them from last year, they didn’t give up a bunch of points in conference play last year, and they basicallyhave the same guys back."

On FAU’s linebackers

“Linebackers are two-way players, they’re good against the run and the pass. I know (Azeez Al-Shaair) has been here as long as I have, which is crazy. I think he’s been a four year starter and he’s had something like 100+ tackles every year he’s been there. He’s the leader of the defense, and they play sideline to sideline. It’s tough to get east/west on them because of their linebackers.”
Back to the top
Control functions: