Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Observations Part 5-MTSU

First off CUSA needs to really get a better TV deal.  Streaming on FB is a modern option but should be a compliment with a network not the only option to view the game.  It makes it hard for us to get newer fans, or to keep other fans entertained.  When I saw the line was -2.5 for FAU I knew that we were probably going to lose this game or it would be super close.   That’s a sucker line on a key number which is us wining by 3 points, like we would really win by a field goal when we cant even get the kick off into the uprights.  MTSU has always beaten us in TN and with their dumb black uniforms.  Overall this was just like the Buffalo game last year, a complete letdown and I hope it fuels a fire within the team,  IDK but I have this weird feeling that we will have spurts of that flame and spurts where we are cold and this year is just going to be a one off 7-5 or 8-4 best scenario. Don’t get me wrong some calls were shoddy, but we were too conservative on offense against MTSU.  The defense did what they could but we are not a balanced football team right now.  Something internally is not clicking and it really sucks that we returned all starters and are just laying eggs in games. I believe we will win this ODU game and be 3-3 and the other wins in my mind is Charlotte, WKU, and FIU.  Out of Marshall, UNT and LA tech I can see us beating La Tech because it is at home.  We are disastrous on the road and Marshall and UNT will get their payback, they look like better teams and their records show it.  I can see us going to the Bahamas Bowl, Boca Raton Bowl or the St. Petes Bowl.  I wouldn’t mind the Birmingham Bowl or New Orleans bowl to give the players a chance to travel.  I like the idea of us branding the school by playing different opponents in various bowls rather than do the Boca Raton Bowl every year.  De’Andre should start and who knows maybe Robison was the decoy the whole time,.  I feel bad for motor he’s not getting the looks to create, and he’s getting hit harder up the middle.  The MTSU game showed his frustration, with De’Andre playing it opens up the play book and if he’s off with his throwing the deception  of the run will benefit motor.  We need motor going if we want to make a run, he is the best player in CUSA and one of the best in college football.  We will no doubt make a bowl game but Group of 5 teams are measured by Conference titles, and we need to maintain the upward trend of the brand of FAU football The time is now,  If we don’t score 40 points against ODU then we will struggle in CUSA going forward. Thoughts?
Back to the top

faufan300 said

If we don’t score 40 points against ODU then we will struggle in CUSA going forward. Thoughts?
Posted On: Oct 4th 2018, 10:39 AM #381641

I would change this to Charlotte, then agree!

:Big-Grin:

Back to the top

faufan300 said

First off CUSA needs to really get a better TV deal.  Streaming on FB is a modern option but should be a compliment with a network not the only option to view the game. 

CUSA needs to play compelling football. That's how it works. You don't get a TV Deal because a few people want to watch you. You get a TV deal because everyone wants to watch you.
Back to the top
Control functions: