Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Next year

Add topic

Some decent talent returning next year.  Guessing we need to replace center, right field, and shortstop and most of the starting rotation and bullpen.  High school recruiting seems pretty weak for this class.  Hopefully we are going hard for some good juco talent to fill the gaps that I don't know about yet.  Anyone know anything.  
Back to the top

The fall intrasquads started yesterday, and they had another on this afternoon. Next one is Thursday, around 2:15 1st pitch. Small sample size, but I'm grinnin' ear to ear. On Tuesday, the 16th, at 5 PM you can get a good look when they host Ontario.
Back to the top

Thanks MLB. I looked at the squad, the stats, etc, and it looks good. Coach got an extension. FAU and the Pres and the AD want to  keep one of the best coaches in the country at FAU.  I feel for college baseball coaches. Easily the hardest sport to keep your team on top.
Back to the top

The more I watch the practices, the happier I am. I am extremely happy. The player development under Coach Mac has always been amazing to watch, and, as a whole, the guys returning from last year to this may be the best yet. Along with some great new guys, I think we are in for a very fun year.
Back to the top

Ok MLB, you're teasing me. I have not seen the team. I have heard, from you and others, that we are looking solid. I would expect nothing less from our coach. I heard the new players are a step up from last seasons new players. Time will tell.
Back to the top

Can we get a projected rotation and  lineup? Itching for this season to start.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I'm sorry. I can't go into specifics on anything that isn't already public info. Wish I could, because some of it is jaw-dropping good. The intrasquads and exhibitions are open for you to come see for yourself.

Intrasquad Fri Oct 26, ~2 PM
Exhibition Sat Oct 27, 1 PM vs Miami in Coral Gables
Halloween Game Wed Oct 31, ~2 PM (not serious practice, but fun & good opp to meet the guys)
Intrasquad Thu Nov 1, ~2 PM
Exhibition Sat Nov 3, 1 PM hosting Palm Beach State
World Series Thu Nov 8 and Fri Nov 9 (total 27 innings)
Alumni Game (no current players in the game, but nice to see a LOT of former guys - when you have a coach like Coach Mac, you get several times the return of most teams) Sat Nov 10 at 11 AM

After that, have to wait until late January/Early February to see them again.

If you do come, be sure to come up to the booth and say hi. During these practices, it gets a bit lonely being the only one up there.

Back to the top

MLBBoca said

I'm sorry. I can't go into specifics on anything that isn't already public info. Wish I could, because some of it is jaw-dropping good. The intrasquads and exhibitions are open for you to come see for yourself.

Intrasquad Fri Oct 26, ~2 PM
Exhibition Sat Oct 27, 1 PM vs Miami in Coral Gables
Halloween Game Wed Oct 31, ~2 PM (not serious practice, but fun & good opp to meet the guys)
Intrasquad Thu Nov 1, ~2 PM
Exhibition Sat Nov 3, 1 PM hosting Palm Beach State
World Series Thu Nov 8 and Fri Nov 9 (total 27 innings)
Alumni Game (no current players in the game, but nice to see a LOT of former guys - when you have a coach like Coach Mac, you get several times the return of most teams) Sat Nov 10 at 11 AM

After that, have to wait until late January/Early February to see them again.

If you do come, be sure to come up to the booth and say hi. During these practices, it gets a bit lonely being the only one up there.

Posted On: Oct 24th 2018, 3:04 PM #382407

Very excited for this season.

I am still in graduate school and work, so it's tough to make it to anything weekday. Most of the weekend games conflict with the Lane Train.

May have to wait until the regular season.

Where are you during games? I usually go with some people and sit on the burm.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Very excited for this season.

I am still in graduate school and work, so it's tough to make it to anything weekday. Most of the weekend games conflict with the Lane Train.

May have to wait until the regular season.

Where are you during games? I usually go with some people and sit on the burm.

I am the official scorer, and work up in the booth. You are welcome to come up there for a visit, and on hot days, enjoy some AC. I'm at the stadium from about 2 hours prior to 1st pitch until 30-45 minutes after the last one. Just look for the old guy running (limping?) around from the bullpen, dugouts, sometimes taking a pre-game break in the seats behind home plate, or behind the widely open window in the booth.
Back to the top

Exhibition Final:

FAU 4  Miami 12

The Owls led 2-1 through 5, in contest that played 12 innings and had five batters per team in each frame in locked fashion - regardless of outs.
Back to the top
Control functions: