Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Old Dominion @ FAU Game Thread - October 6th, 2018

Add topic

GeorgiaOwl said

3-3 now, same as last year, with a week off to heal and practice will be very good for the 2nd half of the season.

Marshall , fresh off giving up 34 to MTSU gets to travel to face the ODU O while WE prepare!
Posted On: Oct 8th 2018, 11:27 AM #381856

Losing to a team in the division hurts though - MTSU controls their own destiny and we will need help to repeat. Frankly, while Saturday was a breath of fresh air in many respects, this still resembles a team that will have more than 1 conference loss to me. Maybe they are back on track now, but we will see.
Back to the top

Very much so, even if we are perfect from here on they have to lose not one but TWO! I think all we can play for now is our own record unless Stockstill gets hurt.

Good news is it won't make a difference in Bowl game, not going to a big one anyhow.

Just WIN Owls, play relaxed and have fun and score and take the ball away!!!
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

jgf2017 said

As upsetting as the season has been, we accomplished something great yesterday. We won our 10th straight home again, and we never trailed once in any of those games. There probably haven't been a ton of D1 teams to do that.
Posted On: Oct 8th 2018, 11:23 AM #381855

The crowd was very disappointing.
The weather was awesome, veterans day promotions, and parents weekend  yet 10k butts in the seats.

To many fans who are not hardcore enough to skip a day of big games to go.
Posted On: Oct 8th 2018, 12:10 PM #381857

ODU board was surpriused by the lack of attendance. The usual "lots to do" in S. FL and "other" big games excuses posted by their own fans!

By the way, about the "other" big game, check this crap out;

pregame fight at miami-fsu game | Rivals Message Boards

Back to the top

WE don't want those types of UM "fans" anyhow right!!!!

Sad and I hope they are caught!!!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

owlcountry40 said

jgf2017 said

As upsetting as the season has been, we accomplished something great yesterday. We won our 10th straight home again, and we never trailed once in any of those games. There probably haven't been a ton of D1 teams to do that.
Posted On: Oct 8th 2018, 11:23 AM #381855

The crowd was very disappointing.
The weather was awesome, veterans day promotions, and parents weekend  yet 10k butts in the seats.

To many fans who are not hardcore enough to skip a day of big games to go.
Posted On: Oct 8th 2018, 12:10 PM #381857

ODU board was surpriused by the lack of attendance. The usual "lots to do" in S. FL and "other" big games excuses posted by their own fans!

By the way, about the "other" big game, check this crap out;

pregame fight at miami-fsu game | Rivals Message Boards

Posted On: Oct 8th 2018, 2:13 PM #381861

Crowd was basically what I expected unfortunately. 
Back to the top

Everyone that thinks Pec should go should notice that Mike Stoops just got canned as DC for OU. I know SoonerManiac suddenly disappeared after they got ran over by UT, but I'd like his/her opinion.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

WE don't want those types of UM "fans" anyhow right!!!!

Sad and I hope they are caught!!!
Posted On: Oct 8th 2018, 2:14 PM #381862

Walmart fans at all big programs cause these type issues.  

Guy has his daughter in the middle of a fist fight.  Should be ashamed of himself.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

FAU has been doing a large pushing in advertising and doing a lot work to pull local families in ETC. The issue with that is let’s say they get the family of 4 who maybe the parents live Boca, but went to school x and y.
They like college football so FAU games is fun thing to do, but when school x or y has a huge game our game doesn’t take priority.
Back to the top

This definitely resembles our situation.  My wife and I both went to school U and F, live in Boca Raton, and we enjoy being able to share the gameday experience with our kids (though we did this on our own).

We've been able to get as many as 80 people to attend a game in our group but we can't sustain that number. What we usually run into with the families is that the kids' activities determine their attendance.

There were friends I didn't even bother contacting for this weeks game because of LSU @ UF.  And I took a ration of grief for packing up the TV at the tailgate to catch FAU's kick off instead of finishing the LSU @ UF game.

They need to keep casting a wide net - they'll need all types to build up this fan base.

Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler, why do you feel the need to consistently bring up that you went to UF. You do it on a regular basis. Worse, you argue with me about football, when FAU isn't even your first team. Stop flaunting the fact that you went to UF, I don't freaking care, and this isn't a UF message board.

Back to the top
Control functions: