Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Marshall Game Thread - Oct 20th, 2018

Add topic

FAU @ Marshall Game Thread - October 20th, 2018

The Matchup: FAU (3-3, 1-1) vs. Marshall (4-2, 2-1)

When: Saturday, October 20th, 2:30 PM

Where: Joan C. Edwards Stadium

Weather: Current conditions in Huntington, WV

The Series: Marshall leads 4-1, and the Owls won last season's meeting 30-23.

Marshall Team Site: Here

Game Information

TV: NONE

Live Video: Facebook

Radio: ESPN 106.3

Opening Line: FAU +2.5

Back to the top

Well, a but surprised, but we are underdogs against Marshall...thought we would be 4-5 point favorites.
Back to the top

That is surprising.  Massey predicts FAU to win by 3 (most likely score of 34-31), but Sagarin is with the wise guys and has the Owls as underdogs.
Back to the top

Your friends at CFA say Owls by 2.5, the exact OPPOSITE of the line...
Back to the top

I've read the last few posts and the subject matter is the point spreads and the championship. We need to worry about one thing and one thing only. Winning out. I am concerned with our ability to do this.
Back to the top

I'm wondering what the reasoning is behind the conclusion that we should be favorites. We're on the road against one of the conferences best teams. We have crippling issues with our OL (which no one seems to want to address, instead focusing on other "issues" that aren't there), that are so bad that teams pretty much key in on our RG. So we can't run, evidenced by the face we had 130 rushing yards going into the 4th quarter last week. We may or may not be able to pass. These upcoming road games are not particularly intriguing from an FAU fan's perspective.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

I'm wondering what the reasoning is behind the conclusion that we should be favorites. We're on the road against one of the conferences best teams. We have crippling issues with our OL (which no one seems to want to address, instead focusing on other "issues" that aren't there), that are so bad that teams pretty much key in on our RG. So we can't run, evidenced by the face we had 130 rushing yards going into the 4th quarter last week. We may or may not be able to pass. These upcoming road games are not particularly intriguing from an FAU fan's perspective.
Posted On: Oct 14th 2018, 7:21 PM #381947

1. I’m certain you have not watched game flim or talked to someone who has to determine this so you are just speaking from your a**.

2. You say we had only 130 yards going into the 4th.
Well there are some major issue with that stat that don’t back up your lame dumb argument.
 A. We had over 300 yards passing at that point. B. We we had a KO for TD which takes a full drive of stats away.
C. If you go to last year most of Motors big runs are late when teams where are wore down. It’s literally football 101 at a level. Keep running pounding away and you will snap a big one late.

Please stop you are an embarrassment to football talk.
Back to the top

Also you say we have “ Oline issues no ones wants to address” 

1.We here can’t do anything about it.

2. If our Oline was crippling as you say do you think Lane wouldn’t address if we could?

Yea, we have a 5 star just sitting on the sideline and Lane just like “F it I don’t want to address it.”
Back to the top

owlcountry40 said

Also you say we have “ Oline issues no ones wants to address” 

1.We here can’t do anything about it.

2. If our Oline was crippling as you say do you think Lane wouldn’t address if we could?

Yea, we have a 5 star just sitting on the sideline and Lane just like “F it I don’t want to address it.”

Posted On: Oct 14th 2018, 7:41 PM #381949

I have one question. Are you implying that Riles has been a quality offensive lineman for us?
To address you're 2nd question. Lane is addressing the obvious issue, because he benched Riles for 3 possessions last game (Weber replaced him and we scored td's on all 3 drives) including one in the 4th quarter after they cut the lead to 5. Now, Lane, if asked, might say it's because Riles is a senior and he wants to give Weber playing time for next season. But obviously, it's because Riles has underperformed. The problem is that, 3 series of Weber in for Riles is not enough at Marshall, at FIU, and at North Texas. The only reason we're even dogs is because of Riles.
Back to the top

To address your first post, I've seen all 6 games either in person or on TV/Facebook. In the games I've been to in person, it's been glaringly obvious that Riles is terrible. I will admit that Riles could do well against a mediocre high school defense. But, apparently my willingness to be honest (I guess some people are simple southern boys) is irritating people. Look, I'll stop. There's no reason to argue when there's all these "issues" on our team and Coach Pec should be fired. Nope. It's a garbage RG. Anyways, I'll let you have your day in the son, I've got more important people to interact with.
Back to the top
Control functions: