Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Marshall Game Thread - Oct 20th, 2018

Add topic

jgf2017 said

Riles is a 4 star prospect from Georgia. Of course him being atrocious gets 1,000 times worse when you realize he's starting over Florida kids. Why defend him? He's a massive bust at UF, a 4 star that regressed every year to the point that if we didn't take him he would be out of football.
We're talking about a guy that got booted out of Gainesville Bc….. Well we know why. I believe one player can ruin our entire season. 
Posted On: Oct 15th 2018, 1:18 PM #381964

You obviously have a personal gripe. I guessing some sorda kid or nephew on the team. You have pointed out that he hasn’t been here and the fact he’s from GA as reasons it makes it worse and ok to trash him.  It has 0.0 to do with with anything and I am sorry your kid isn’t good enough to beat him out. 

You are 100000 percent wrong he has not cost us a game. 

You provide no facts and by the things you say it makes your football intelligence seem low. 

Please stop trashing the kid. 

You are a low life.
Back to the top

jgf2017 said

Riles is a 4 star prospect from Georgia. Of course him being atrocious gets 1,000 times worse when you realize he's starting over Florida kids. Why defend him? He's a massive bust at UF, a 4 star that regressed every year to the point that if we didn't take him he would be out of football.
We're talking about a guy that got booted out of Gainesville Bc….. Well we know why. I believe one player can ruin our entire season. 
Posted On: Oct 15th 2018, 1:18 PM #381964

Honestly, in 10 years of doing this have never seen someone go on so much about a specific player with intent…

But it needs it's own place at this point. Every thread can't turn into a platform for the same thing.

So here is the thread, please keep all of the commentary unless it occurs during the game itself, to this location:

Gator Offensive Lineman Antonio Riles to FAU?? - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Important!
Posts from this topic have been moved by Rick. 1 post have been transferred to Gator Offensive Lineman Antonio Riles to FAU??.
Important!

Well it didn’t take long for money to come in on FAU
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Well it didn’t take long for money to come in on FAU
Posted On: Oct 15th 2018, 5:46 PM #381981

True AND I think there was an initial MISTAKE after all…because the page I take my line from is now showing the opening line with FAU favored by +1…

SWITCH-A-ROO!

:Laughing:
Back to the top

The 2 places I usually look (because it is easy and free) is 5dimes and VegasInsider.

5dimes didn't have a line yesterday, but today has FAU as a favorite (-3 giving points).  VegasInsider had FAU getting 2.5 yesterday, but have switched to FAU -3 now.
Back to the top

Haven’t seen Marshall play so don’t have much of an opinion on the game.

I do know this.  This game is a must win for our season.  We are owed a few calls and a few bounces our way.  Guessing we’re going to need it to win in WV.

Want to see us play better in short yardage offensive plays for one.  Also, be nice to see the secondary have a good full game.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

Short yardage solution - saw a team use a DT as the lead blocker the other day - destroyed the LB! WE did that with Trey, got anyone on the roster now that can do that. They said Jefferson is very fast for his size! :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

I've said it several times, but the direct handoff for a designed run has had little success.  When we have success passing (and because nearly all our blocking looks like the entire line stands up on passing and running plays), delayed draws like we saw against UCF or counter plays to let Motor and Whyte finds holes cutting back seem like better options than up the middle or the jet sweep since people figure that out after the first couple of times.

And many people hate bubble screens, but I wouldn't mind some circle routes and other passing options to our backs where we hit them past the line of scrimmage and not just swing passes out into a crowded flat.  And many have said it over and over, but let's try to get going somewhere close to as fast as we did last year to wear a team down even more.

This is a big game for BOTH teams since each of us has lost to MTSU in the division.  With a second divisional loss, the outcome of this game puts representing the division out of reach for the loser.  So I expect the Thundering Herd to be seriously amped up for this game.
Back to the top

Current forecast is high of 57 and possible showers in the afternoon for Saturday in Huntington.  Sure wish this was a home game instead.
Back to the top
Control functions: