Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Marshall Game Thread - Oct 20th, 2018

Add topic

Lago said

My question about the coaching staff this year versus last year stands as well.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2018, 6:46 PM #382256

I agree with you 100% and have been hesitant to voice my own internal thoughts.

There is definitely something different this year and it's more than the QB and interior O line from the players stand point.

I'll wait to see how the conversation goes before I chime in.

Well, that and I'm going into a movie.
Back to the top

In all fairness I'm sure they didn't coach up 5 turnovers, which had a huge impact on the game.

The decision to call a toss sweep on 4th and 1 though, that's definitely on the coaches.

Other thoughts?
Back to the top

Hoot_N_Holler said

In all fairness I'm sure they didn't coach up 5 turnovers, which had a huge impact on the game.

The decision to call a toss sweep on 4th and 1 though, that's definitely on the coaches.

Other thoughts?
Posted On: Oct 20th 2018, 7:15 PM #382259

I look at the coaching issues as big picture issues, not so much for individual plays here and there  (although the play calling has been atrocious). This team looks out of sorts and ill prepared. Can't come out of a bye week looking this sloppy. There are so many issues with the team right now, I will have to marinate on them a bit.
Back to the top

I'm certain there is a coaches manual that says not to go for it , forth and short, from your own thirteen, down by two scores, mid way in the third quarter. I think it suggests PUNT. I really think that was the point of no return for this game. IMHO..the part of this years team that has had a significant drop from last years team is the O Line. We can't move anybody.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I'm certain there is a coaches manual that says not to go for it , forth and short, from your own thirteen, down by two scores, mid way in the third quarter. I think it suggests PUNT. I really think that was the point of no return for this game. IMHO..the part of this years team that has had a significant drop from last years team is the O Line. We can't move anybody.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2018, 7:32 PM #382262

O line has been horrific - so have to look at the coaching there and the personnel. To have Motor completely stuffed all year, it's a wonder he's done what he has done honestly.

The "play" in this game is one of the worst calls i have ever seen at any level of football. The game - while getting dicey - was still very much in reach. That completely ended the game.
Back to the top

Cyrus wasn't holding back HERE

"Two weeks to prepare for the biggest game of the season to date, and FAU was blown out. Think about that. Lane Kiffin was unable to develop a game-plan to out-coach Doc Holliday. Disgusting. This is the worst game of the Lane Kiffin era by far."
Back to the top

I must have missed Kiffin turning the ball over five times...can we see the replays on those plays he was in on??
Back to the top

Cyrus was dead on. Look, I'm a huge  FAU fan. We have dropped big time.I don't get paid a million bucks a year to figure out what happened. But those that do get paid , need to stay up late and figure it out. LB Smith is playing his butt off. He looks great.
Back to the top

d-owl said

Hoot_N_Holler said

Other thoughts?
Posted On: Oct 20th 2018, 7:15 PM #382259

I look at the coaching issues as big picture issues, not so much for individual plays here and there  (although the play calling has been atrocious). This team looks out of sorts and ill prepared. Can't come out of a bye week looking this sloppy. There are so many issues with the team right now, I will have to marinate on them a bit.
Posted On: Oct 20th 2018, 7:30 PM #382261

Rick, see this post regarding your point.
Back to the top

QB plays is not his fault…yes, he is responsible for bringing him here, and for passing on Coach Justice for a guy who his brother wanted, but you have to admit that Robison is making A LOT of mistakes on his own…he is fully capable of playing WAY BETTER.

The defense actually did good given what they had to endure, and this game was lost due to turnovers, a lousy play call on 4th down, and poor kicking once again.

You balance the score based on those three things and it is 14-13 Marshall…So, Coach has 1 TD he's on the hook for IMHO, and that's it. Can't hang it all on him…
Back to the top
Control functions: