Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ Marshall Game Thread - Oct 20th, 2018

Add topic

The more I have thought about it, what bothers me most is our apparent lack of preparation coming off of a bye week! Especially on the O side! Far too many penalties, SIX (6)turnovers - not 5 -  add the turnover on downs inside our own 15 sure as heck counts!

The D FINALLY plays well, then the O self destructs SIX TIMES - not counting dropped TD passes and bad play calling - wow.

The add in two missed short FG's - NEVER GONNA BEAT anyone on the road that way guys!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

The more I have thought about it, what bothers me most is our apparent lack of preparation coming off of a bye week!

This was very disturbing and tells me we could be in a lot of trouble going forward. No excuse to look like that coming off a bye in such an important game.

Back to the top

jgf2017 said

One thing I've noticed, and o may have to eat crow here, is that it's the O-Line as a whole and not one individual lineman, that is performing below average. Heck, the pass protection was shoddy too yesterday. 
What I always thought was Weis Sr.'s undoing was that he was a pro mind that didn't understand how to call plays in college. A huge problem is these runs up the middle you can tell when Robison gets the snap he's handing it off to Motor up the middle. Why not have those be an option, or just eliminate them entirely. And maybe it's time to get more OL, not just Weber, some possessions.
Posted On: Oct 21st 2018, 9:18 AM #382302

Great reply with great guts.

Yeah, that was part of the frustration with earlier discussions.  This is larger than one player.

I believe Weber started at RG yesterday?  Don't know how much he played, rotated, or finished out - I kept getting kicked off the Facebook feed plus you only see what the producers choose.

But regardless, the results were the same and the turnovers took away too many offensive possessions.
Back to the top

So, being the comedian that I am and trying to find the humor in things:

It's a good thing I got one of those camouflage hats at Military Appreciation Day.  Would be hard to wear the red and blue around town right now.

Gonna change the sign in my front yard to read "Winning Only in Paradise".

:Big-Grin:  :Laughing:

Go Owls!  Beat La Tech.
Back to the top

Riles started. Weber played a little more than the 3 series against odu would like to see others too
Back to the top

Well the latest CBS Sports Bowl Projections has us in the Gasperilla Bowl in Tampa against Cincy. I’d prefer the Bahamas Bowl against a MAC team or even the NO Bowl against a former Sun Belt foe
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Well the latest CBS Sports Bowl Projections has us in the Gasperilla Bowl in Tampa against Cincy. I’d prefer the Bahamas Bowl against a MAC team or even the NO Bowl against a former Sun Belt foe
Posted On: Oct 21st 2018, 12:01 PM #382312

Well if we get to the bowl I would love the New Orleans just for the trip
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Oct 21st 2018, 12:01 PM #382312

Well if we get to the bowl I would love the New Orleans just for the trip
Posted On: Oct 21st 2018, 12:26 PM #382313

Here here!!!
Back to the top

Pretty biting article - but seems pretty true:

FAU loses to Marshall 31-7: Instant Reactions - Underdog Dynasty
Back to the top

Yeah, that article is by Cyrus. He was on the podcast a couple of weeks ago.

People definitely seem to be outspoken after this game.
Back to the top
Control functions: