Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Some ridiculous analysis...

jgf2017 said

It's extremely worrisome to me that Deandre is going to be the starter because he missed all of last year and who knows if he's 100%. Even if he's 100% it could still take him a few weeks to become effective. By then our season could be over as far as any shot at major recognition or the top 25. Extremely worried Deandre can't throw the ball downfield against OU and UCF.
Posted On: Aug 24th 2018, 9:32 AM #379634

Ok…I’ll bite.

Is it less worrisome to put in a RS freshman with 0 live experience? 

Or are you on the Rafe Peavy train? 

DeAndre is at 100% from the velocity I saw him throwing with BTW. 
Back to the top

walty12 said

I appreciate the work done.

However, I think you are drastically underestimating a statement you made in your work:

"When teams tried to load up to stop the run, Driskel was able to make plays due to his decision making"

I am not sure most fans appreciate how well he protected the football and stayed within himself.  We get a a gun slinger in there throwing picks all over the place and holding onto the ball too long (both things I saw a ton of in the spring game (I know, its just the spring game)….it's going to be trouble.

Analytics and predictions also dont take into account chemistry and injury.  Both of which we were highly fortunate in last year.
Posted On: Aug 21st 2018, 1:18 PM #379566

Did this age well?

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

walty12 said

walty12 said

However, I think you are drastically underestimating a statement you made in your work:

"When teams tried to load up to stop the run, Driskel was able to make plays due to his decision making"

I am not sure most fans appreciate how well he protected the football and stayed within himself.  We get a a gun slinger in there throwing picks all over the place and holding onto the ball too long (both things I saw a ton of in the spring game (I know, its just the spring game)….it's going to be trouble.

Analytics and predictions also dont take into account chemistry and injury.  Both of which we were highly fortunate in last year.

Did this age well?

Posted On: Oct 24th 2018, 2:35 PM #382404

This is simultaneously hilarious and makes me want to cry.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Is anyone going to be disappointed with 6-6?
Back to the top

walty12 said

walty12 said

Did this age well?

Posted On: Oct 24th 2018, 2:35 PM #382404

This is spot on! I even bit hard on the shiny new toy of a 4 star QB with a huge arm.
Also factor in as we discussed on the pod  the schedule is harder this year as well. We got the  three  top three teams in the east all in the road. 
Back to the top
Control functions: