Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

C-USA Football: Games for Week of 10-27-18

Add topic

I never assume anything about the quality of a team. From the outside looking in, preseason, FAU looked like a sure thing to repeat. But we , as fans , know nothing. Little did we know that our top QB was our freshman. We  didn't know the O Line was average to below average. We didn't know anything about either of our coordinators. Yet we assumed we would win. Here is a secret…..other teams are working to get better at the same time we are. If the other coaches do a better job, they will kick our behinds. I think we came in over confident and under performed. From the head coach down. I can see us losing 3 of the final 4 games. Like Owldad said, let that sink in a minute.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

I never assume anything about the quality of a team. From the outside looking in, preseason, FAU looked like a sure thing to repeat. But we , as fans , know nothing. Little did we know that our top QB was our freshman. We  didn't know the O Line was average to below average. We didn't know anything about either of our coordinators. Yet we assumed we would win. Here is a secret…..other teams are working to get better at the same time we are. If the other coaches do a better job, they will kick our behinds. I think we came in over confident and under performed. From the head coach down. I can see us losing 3 of the final 4 games. Like Owldad said, let that sink in a minute.
Posted On: Oct 30th 2018, 5:30 PM #382696

We could lose all 4 with our current level of O play and Coaching! That said - we could win all 4 if we PLAY BALL ON O! Open it up, use trickplays, use some imagination!

And I am tired of the "freshman" QB excuse - look at the TRUE FRESHMAN playing in America - Lawrence at Clemson in HS this time last year. But HE is being Coached Up and not making stupid Freshman mistakes, and HE is doing it vs. much better D's than CUSA!!!

My suggestion - get the QB's involved in the running game 6-10 times a game minimum. Less carries for Motor but with D's more confused he will have more space and less pressure being keyed on him. Actually, this should have been done from the beginning cause we KNEW opposing D's were gonna key on Motor!

Man, our Coaching drop off has been HUGE!!!!

All this being said, get your game together NOIW Owl plaers and COACHES and win out, Go Owls!
Back to the top
Control functions: