Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018-19 FAU Men's Basketball Discussion Thread

Add topic

I'm thinking four out one in could be an option for us…Duke did it a few years ago out of necessity…we did it before as well under Walters with Monroe.
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

dore95 said

I was at the game too.  My concern is that the two teams looked pretty evenly matched.  FAU has very little inside presence; basically a perimeter oriented team.  And, the three point shooting was not very good.  May be a long season. 
Posted On: Oct 29th 2018, 7:43 AM #382672

I really want Ingram to establish himself as a stronger inside presence. He plays more of a finesse-style PF but he is going to be the most experienced big man on the team. He's going to have to diversify his game.

Moreover, this season's growing pains will force us to take note how solid of a center Delph was. We are going to miss his services in the paint.

I was REALLY impressed with Adger's play. I would've like more apples for the team's starting point man, but when was the last time we had a PG put up 30 points? Did Ray Taylor even do that?

Micheal Forrest played like a true freshman in hsi first collegiate game, but the talent is clearly there. It will be exciting to watching him grow at his home town university.

Posted On: Oct 31st 2018, 4:45 PM #382715

MOODY. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Posted the full schedule - as much as is determined with the league changes - in a stand alone for viewing sake of ease:

2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

NJOWL said

Jack D Whidden III said

dore95 said

I was at the game too.  My concern is that the two teams looked pretty evenly matched.  FAU has very little inside presence; basically a perimeter oriented team.  And, the three point shooting was not very good.  May be a long season. 

Posted On: Oct 29th 2018, 7:43 AM #382672

I really want Ingram to establish himself as a stronger inside presence. He plays more of a finesse-style PF but he is going to be the most experienced big man on the team. He's going to have to diversify his game.

Moreover, this season's growing pains will force us to take note how solid of a center Delph was. We are going to miss his services in the paint.

I was REALLY impressed with Adger's play. I would've like more apples for the team's starting point man, but when was the last time we had a PG put up 30 points? Did Ray Taylor even do that?

Micheal Forrest played like a true freshman in hsi first collegiate game, but the talent is clearly there. It will be exciting to watching him grow at his home town university.

Posted On: Oct 31st 2018, 4:45 PM #382715

MOODY. 
Posted On: Oct 31st 2018, 10:40 PM #382723

That's a name I haven't heard of in a while.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

FAU Men's Basketball team opens the 2018-2019 season tonight vs. DII Florida Tech. Tipoff is set for 7:00 at The Burrow.

I'm interested to see the role PG Anthony Adger will have after his 30-point performance in a preseason exhibition against Lynn. Also excited to see Broward County Player of the Year Michael Forrest play in his first meaningful collegiate game.

Back to the top

Former coach Michael Curry rarely modified FAU's starting lineup during the season. With Dusty May now at the helm, it'll be interesting to see how this starting five changes throughout the season, if at all.

Back to the top

A solid half of play from FAU.

Adger is continuing to put up points, he has a game-high 13. Stapleton & Ingram lead the Owls with 4 boards a piece. The two forwards are multitasking tonight, as they're second and third on FAU in points with 8 and 6 respectively.

I've been impressed with the sound ball movement, both within halfcourt set plays and on the fastbreak.

Back to the top

Owls start the season 1-0!

Ingram earns himself a double-double thanks to a strong second half performance. I was REALLY impressed with true freshman Kevaughn Ellis' play. He netted 12 points in the short time he saw action. Forrest is still a bit raw, but he made some athletic plays on both side of the ball.

UPDATED SCHEDULE: 2018-19 Florida Atlantic Men's Basketball Schedule - FAU Owl's Nest

FAU Men's Basketball vs Florida Tech Box Score 11-7-18 - FAU Owl's Nest

Back to the top

Notables from last night's season opening WIN:

• Jailyn Ingram tied his career high with 21 points and added a career-high 12 rebounds to lead FAU in both categories. It was also his first career double-double
  • Adger scored 16 points, Jaylen Sebree had 15, while Xavian Stapleton just missed a double-double with 13 points and nine rebounds
  • Kevaughn Ellis tallied 12 points and Karlis Silins added 10 to give the Owls six players in double figures
  • FAU’s 98 points are the most in a season opener since joining Division I
Back to the top

Jack D Whidden III said

That's a name I haven't heard of in a while.
Posted On: Nov 7th 2018, 5:50 PM #383044

I loved watching both those guys, Ray Taylor and Stefan Moody, play.

Per Wikipedia Moody apparently plays for BC Tsmoki-Minsk of the VTB United League. Entered the 2016 NBA draft, not selected.
Back to the top
Control functions: