Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Football 2018 Bowl Projections

Both projections from ESPN have FAU back in Boca:

College football bowl projections after Week 11
Back to the top

So so far, we’ve seen Boca, Tampa and Hawaii 
Back to the top

At this point just win out Owls, 6-6 does not appear to be a guarantee anymore with such parity (actually mediocrity!) in the Power 5 this year. Win out and get to 7-5 Owls!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

At this point just win out Owls, 6-6 does not appear to be a guarantee anymore with such parity (actually mediocrity!) in the Power 5 this year. Win out and get to 7-5 Owls!
Posted On: Nov 12th 2018, 12:04 PM #383293

For bowl purposes, I believe there is no difference between 6-6 and 7-5. Heck, there would be no difference between 10-3 and 6-6 (except for the possible conference crown, which guarantees a bowl appearance).

At this point we have to hope our watchability and story lines will help us. Of the bunch, we are one of, if not the most, compelling.

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

Underdog Dynasty with another prediction of Hawaii:

Underdog Dynasty Bowl Projections, Week 12 - Underdog Dynasty
Back to the top

I would think taking the team to Hawaii would cost a fortune so the Admin would not want that. South Florida probably would have no interest, but that would be a fun opponent in the Boca Bowl. Need to win the last couple games though. No easy task. 
Back to the top

According to a couple of sites I found, the payout for the Hawaii bowl DECREASED for this season and is now the SAME as the payout for the Boca Bowl.  The Gasparilla Bowl (Tampa) is only a little bit more, and the Bahamas Bowl is by far the lowest payout.

So strictly from a business perspective, it appears it would be good to get bowl-eligible for the extra practices and either stay home or go to Tampa.  Better for fans in seats and better for the athletic coffers.
Back to the top

Even at 7-5 we'll have to settle for whatever comes our way…at 6-6 we may need help to even get a secondary.

Bottom line:

We should be glad just to go Bowling at this point. That MTSU loss is REALLY painful.
Back to the top

Rick said

Even at 7-5 we'll have to settle for whatever comes our way…at 6-6 we may need help to even get a secondary.

Bottom line:

We should be glad just to go Bowling at this point. That MTSU loss is REALLY painful.
Posted On: Nov 12th 2018, 9:03 PM #383310

Correct.  Everybody is back talking like these next 2 games are auto wins.  They’re far from it.

We need to go to a bowl for a lot of reasons this year.  Winning 5 with this team is pathetic.  No other word defines it better.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

If we win out, I'd like to go to Tampa (Gasparilla Bowl) or New Orleans (R+L bowl)
Back to the top
Control functions: