Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU @ North Texas Game Thread - November 15, 2018

Add topic

Read all the posts and a few different stories about the game. It is unacceptable, in 2018 ,for a D-1 football program to have a kicking game like we have. Next Saturday's game will be played in a stadium that will be 80 % empty. I think it is fare to say the season has been a major let down.
Back to the top

OK didn’t stay up but I am reading these posts that seem to point everywhere but to the defense that gave up almost 500 yards and 41 points. Both the offense and defense took a step back this year. The offense has shown some improvement, the defense has not. If I were a head coach or an offensive coordinator and my team scored 38 points on the road and didn’t win, I’d be p****d.
Back to the top

Any blaming Weis here should stop watching because you are waste of oxygen. He was t calling plays!!!

As for read option most of the do give the option Robison to keep, but I’ll take my chances with Motor getting the ball.

The hose getting blown up we’re poor blocking end of story.

As for kicking well you must not watch other college football becuase well college all across the country have kicking issues.
 Saben couldn’t find a kicker for a long stretch.

In the end something needs to be done about officiating.
The call on Jalen for hitting fine in not a roughing the passing in any way shape or form.

It’s trash.
Back to the top

Sorry top see we lost but am glad to see the TEAM showed a LOT of fight in coming back over and over!

Close game in all aspects on the road on a short week vs  a good team that DESTROYED an SEC team.

Does sound like the refs DOMINATED this game with momentum swinging/killing "decisions" for the home team though.

All I can say is KICK CHARLOTTE'S BEHINDS NEXT WEEK AT HOME OWLS!
Back to the top

We’re not surprised this happened we knew all along it would come down to the Charlotte game we have to win that one 
Back to the top

Posted this in the predictions thread, but the follow-up reply is better served here…

Rick said

They are number one in FG %, and for us, well let's not go there…as for punting they are number two and we're dead last. This is important, because think special teams could come into play in a significant way given match-ups.
Posted On: Nov 14th 2018, 8:40 AM #383325

I have looked at the box score in depth and Total yardage is nearly the same, QB play nearly the sane, rushing (AYPC aside) nearly the same, etc, etc.

However, the very thing that I had a strong suspicion would come back to haunt us once again was a key difference in the game…UNT was 2-0 for their FG's, and we were 1-1.

We lost by three points, and left those points on the table.

I am not saying that we would have won if we would have hit the FG, but it is certainly a data point and we HAVE to address it in the off season.
Back to the top

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

Crazy.  UNT didn't even belong on the same field as us last year.  College football for ya.
Back to the top

Took my blue and red glasses off a few games ago.  I'm shocked we even kept it as close as we did.  Honestly I see us losing Charlotte as well.  Just call me debbie downer.  
Back to the top

I was watching the highlights and noticed when it was 34-31 on 3rd and 9 Robison threw a dart to Willie and he dropped it. With Motor's huge drop against MTSU taken into account, these could be the key reasons we have 5 wins instead of more, drops.
Back to the top
Control functions: