Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - November 24, 2018

Add topic

TV ≠ Stream

Stream will be on Facebook since stadium does NOT list the game on their site…
Back to the top

Wow - as a public institution, salaries are available for NC university employees.  The link I have is for 2017, but Lambert was making just under $257k.  I wonder what kind of results they expect paying their head coach an FCS-level salary???  They started out at FCS (with Lambert), and didn't have winning records at that level before moving up.

It does seem kind of strange to do this heading into the last game of the season.  Do they really think it would make a significant difference in them pursuing a new coach if they waited until Sunday???  Especially given what they are paying.  They will have to double to possibly triple the head coach's pay, and I'd guess their assistants are also probably paid poorly as well so they will have to step that up if they really expect to get better.

I will say I thought Charlotte was better this year than I expected them to be.  They are in an attractive area and can pull SC and Georgia high school talent.  So with their new AD and a commitment to football they can make some strides - but right now the kids they try and go after are all probably going to App State.

Sorry - way off the CUSA topic, but I found the salary thing and the timing interesting (but odd).
Back to the top

I don't have an issue with the timing, they get an extra week to search but that pay - WOW! Ya get what ya pay for and it costs $$$ to make $$$ are very true adages!!! Personally, they (UNCC) had NO business getting into CUSA before we did - NONE! NO TEAM, NO STADIUM AND OBVIOUSLY NO BUDGET!

What I don't like regarding the timing is he IS staying on to Coach last game vs. US! They WILL play hared and try to win this for him! Will our Coords. prepare our team to take advantage of that over aggressiveness they WILL show, at least early in the game. I sure hope so but from what I have seen I tend to doubt it. I pray I am wrong!!!
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Looking for a stream since I will be missing the game being out of town for Thanksgiving
Posted On: Nov 19th 2018, 3:41 PM #383639

Where are you going to be? I'll see if that area has a channel…just got the clearance sheet.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

What I don't like regarding the timing is he IS staying on to Coach last game vs. US! They WILL play hared and try to win this for him! Will our Coords. prepare our team to take advantage of that over aggressiveness they WILL show, at least early in the game. I sure hope so but from what I have seen I tend to doubt it. I pray I am wrong!!!
Posted On: Nov 20th 2018, 6:44 AM #383647

Well our guys have a little motivation too, do you wanna play in a bowl?

Let's destroy them!!! Motor with 423 yards, white with 282 yards and 8 TDs between them both  :Big-Grin:
Back to the top

Rick said

DeltAlumnus said

Looking for a stream since I will be missing the game being out of town for Thanksgiving
Posted On: Nov 19th 2018, 3:41 PM #383639

Where are you going to be? I'll see if that area has a channel…just got the clearance sheet.

Posted On: Nov 21st 2018, 9:32 AM #383665

East Tennessee in the mountains so not counting on it lol
Back to the top

Asheville on WLOS (13.4) is the closest I see…"might" be able to grab that with a good Antena! 

Otherwise Facebook will stream it… 

BTW, I'm from  Kingsport :) 
Back to the top

AND, just got word that Stadium has added the game to their site as well…

Added the link up top in game info section:

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - November 24, 2018 - FAU Owl's Nest
Back to the top

Can't you just feel the excitement of this week's game ?
Back to the top

Regardless of your assumed sarcasm, I’m very excited and my son is even more excited than me.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top
Control functions: