Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Charlotte @ FAU Game Thread - November 24, 2018

Add topic

What time are they honoring the seniors today? Trying to gauge when I need to be inside the stadium. 

ROLL OWLS
Back to the top

I'm excited about the game. We haven't had too many bowl seasons and 7-6 would be pretty sweet. I'm assuming we win today, although we should come ready to take Charlotte's shots because they'll be trying hard for their coach. With all of the disappointments in the past (2005 takes the cake), going to the game today as 18 point favorites with a chance to go 6-6 sounds incredible. On top of that, the mediocre record will keep Kiffin here.
Back to the top

They just need to win and let the chips fall where they may as far as bowls. A highly disappointing season can be somewhat salvaged getting into a bowl, although 6-6 may not be enough this year -- we will see.
Back to the top

I'd recommend getting inside FAU Stadium about 20 minutes before kickoff.

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

anyone have an idea if it's DJ or Carpe Diem?

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower
Back to the top

I had to keep checking the side line to see who was coaching. We have been out coached in the second half this season. This was the big complaint under Partridge. IMHO…the QB play was NOT the reason for the loss. This was coaching and OL failure. Charlotte's DL dominated our OL. Now I hope we all learned not to talk bowl games when you are a sub 500 team. Man do I miss Briles and Justice.
Back to the top

Local Owl said

Now I hope we all learned not to talk bowl games when you are a sub 500 team. Man do I miss Briles and Justice.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 8:11 AM #383714

Why, because it affected the play on the field?  It’s what a message board is for.  I had a great time speaking with my son about which bowl games we might go to IF we win.  He was very upset with the loss last night but you build more character handling losing than winning and the understanding that things are not always going to go your way.  That doesn’t mean you can’t go in with a positive attitude that we are going to win this game and go to a bowl.  I’ll never understand negative attitudes.

This morning he (and I) woke up and is ready for next year! GO OWLS!

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

Again, the difference was a missed field goal. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

I don't think of it as negative. I look at it differently. Take care of business and everything else will fall into place. Yes , the blog is for banter. But sometimes it is banter based on no facts or speculation. Although I don't like OC40's delivery, he bases most of his posts on facts. Realistically, this season was a huge bust. Was it Lane, the new OC, the new DC, all the new position coaches, team play. We'll find out next season. All I know is the fan base is kidding themselves if they think we have turned the corner. We have so many issues to correct. But maybe I'm just being negative.
Back to the top

Agreed that the bowl talk was premature, but I get it. Last night was a real dredful experience, from the game (obviously) to this board crashing(?) on a night many of us needed it the most lol. All good. Will have a lot to say, but still digesting all that went wrong this season - there was a lot.
Back to the top
Control functions: