Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Schmidt Complex for Academic & Athletic Excellence Groundbreaking Renderings

Add topic

Thanks for the pics!
Back to the top

I 100% agree thanks for the pics, but can this thing go any SLOWER!
Back to the top

Interesting details from the FAU Facilities website. They have the Schmidt Athletics Complex now listed as a 72 Million project with 57 Million construction. The budget seems to keep going up here so I'm wondering if we're finding new funding sources or if the project is getting to be more expensive than initially planned.

Phase 1: 90% complete. Hydrotherapy tanks to be finished in Nov.
Phase 2: Underway. 80% of foundation complete
Back to the top

Wow, $72M almost same as stadium! Again, as academics (some Business and Nursing) are also being housed in the center, are they getting any money from the state to help pay for that portion at least. That would sure help!
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Interesting details from the FAU Facilities website. They have the Schmidt Athletics Complex now listed as a 72 Million project with 57 Million construction. The budget seems to keep going up here so I'm wondering if we're finding new funding sources or if the project is getting to be more expensive than initially planned.

Yeah the different components of the facility are expanding and thus funding is coming from a lot of sources.

Altogether it's something like:
1.4M from Business Services
4M from Student Health
21M from College of Business
29M from FAU Foundation
15M from Auxiliary

(source)

Going to be a busy building!
Back to the top

So Diehard, if this gets approved does this mean the funding will all be in place by March for then entire complex?  

And very interesting that the College of Business is so involved in the project now, does this mean they are able to use State funding at least in part to help fund the academic side of the project? I knew they were going to have some involvement with the academics (Sports Management), as was Health Care (Nursing, Sports Medicine).
Back to the top

Took a peek over the fence surrounding the site. A lot of concrete for the foundation has been poured and the entire first floor of the parking garage has been torn up. I'm guessing by the end of the end of the year the entire foundation will be completed and we will see some walls going up.
Back to the top

Nice, at least something good happening this year but like the team - far too little effort IMHO - very slow "progress"!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Nice, at least something good happening this year but like the team - far too little effort IMHO - very slow "progress"!
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 1:03 PM #383748

Part of it was money, part of it was that the design/function kept evolving.
Back to the top

Owl2Doc said

GeorgiaOwl said

Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 1:03 PM #383748

Part of it was money, part of it was that the design/function kept evolving.
Posted On: Nov 25th 2018, 5:04 PM #383763

How did that, I will call "budget" thing on the project that was posted turn out or is that still upcoming for action/approval?
Back to the top
Control functions: