Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

De'Andre Johnson Transferring

De'Andre Johnson Transferring
Back to the top

De’Andre’s Exit

I was on Instagram and saw that De’andre is leaving FAU to use his last few years of eligibility left.  I wish him the best and I hope he goes to another school that can utilize his strengths because he’s got a lot of upside. The letter or note he wrote did not mention Kiffin whatsoever,  I think that was the biggest clue why he never saw the field.  I think they did not see eye to eye and he was probably punished for it.  We all know that OU was the real deal and the same thing with Murray, but I still feel had De’andre started and played the entire game we could’ve put a few extra points on the board. Motor suffered with shoddy play calling and poor guard play.  De’andre alleviated that  when he played, they both  complimented each other.  Now we have one QB with game experience and he’s injury prone.  I think motor leaves as well,  theres nothing left for him to prove.  Next year maybe the true rebuild and it may get ugly. If we can say get a Jalen hurts then that can make things interesting or if Kiffin coaches up Robison and he becomes one of the best C-USA players ever.  Rusty had a slow first year and he got better over time, we can only hope the same happens for Robison. Do you guys think De’andre exhausted his relationship with Kiffin?  Thoughts?
Back to the top

Very disappointed in how we used DeAndre, or really how we didn't use him. The one real shining moment for the team this year was with him at the helm. I firmly believe we would have been a better team with him starting and utilizing his strengths, but that is just speculation at this point. DeAndre is a true leader on and off the field, and I think these guys would have rallied around him all year, but it's water under the bridge now since Kiffin was hellbent on using Chris for whatever reason until it was literally too late. It's speculation on my part, but I think Kiffin sees the arm strength of Robison and thought he had the potential to light up C USA with his arm – probably thought the same things with Parr last year to start, except they corrected the Parr decision early on before it got too late, unlike this year. Also, DeAndre was a Charlie guy, Chris was firmly a Kiffin move so I guess there is something to that. DeAndre was such a great teammate and story for FAU, it's really disappointing to me how this ended up.

Good luck to DJ – I will certainly look out for him and hope he destroys the competition at whatever school he ends up at.
Back to the top

I think on paper Robison's arm puts him way ahead of Johnson.  It would be great to have him as a back up but he shouldn't do that. I wish him great success.
Back to the top

Best of luck, DJ!  As far as I could tell, you were an asset to this team, wish we got to see you play more.
Back to the top

I really liked him and was a proponent of him getting more playing time, though to be fair he did get some series to try and ignite the offense and didn't make it happen too so it's difficult to say whether our year would have been different had he got Robison's playtime.

Still, hate to see him leave.

I agree he's too talented to play backup here for the next two years.

Good luck DeAndre!
Back to the top

He’ll have to move down to FCS or lower to avoid sitting out a year. 

FAU - THE REAL SLEEPING GIANT
Back to the top

Per this article, he is set to graduate this Spring so I guess he can wait and transfer after that and play right away???

"Last Chance U" star De'Andre Johnson announces transfer from FAU - Sports - The Palm Beach Post - West Palm Beach, FL

Per the article:
"Johnson is set to graduate this spring with a communications degree and said he has two years of eligibility remaining. Johnson’s final year would come from being awarded a medical redshirt after only playing one game in 2017. Players can apply for a medical redshirt if a season-ending injury costs them over half of a season."
Back to the top

Best of luck to DeAndre really wish we would have seen more of him this yr but you have to think Robison will be back starting under center next yr and hopefully improve 
Back to the top

Yes he can play without sitting after graduation… 
Back to the top
Control functions: