Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU OC Briles to Houston

And THIS is how Slick Willie keeps getting better jobs - good recruiter.

As a Coach Willie is poor with losses to FAU TWICE when we were BAD, even at USF!

USF was ready to fire him so he fired BOTH OC and DC, let the new ones update the systems and change the USF boring style under Willie and the rest is history.

Good move by him.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

And THIS is how Slick Willie keeps getting better jobs - good recruiter.

As a Coach Willie is poor with losses to FAU TWICE when we were BAD, even at USF!

USF was ready to fire him so he fired BOTH OC and DC, let the new ones update the systems and change the USF boring style under Willie and the rest is history.

Good move by him.
Posted On: Dec 11th 2018, 6:41 AM #384097

Yeah but isn't that part of your job as a HC? Bringing in top Asst coaches. I will never buy into the fact Dabo is an amazing X's and O's guy, but he has surrounded himself with tremendous asst coaches during his time at Clemson.

Relates well why we had such a huge drop off at FAU this year. In 2017 we had a power 5 type coaching staff…….. This year we know the results.
Back to the top

Sure is! It is exactly why I said after out 11 win season we needed to give bonuses to the entire staff and re-sign them to keep them. Losing ALL THREE Co-Ordinators was a disaster! And we only signed ONE replacement (DC) with experience at his job, and even then not at the same Power 5 level we had lost.

Sure hope we don't turnout to be one hit wonders!
Back to the top

DeltAlumnus said

Relates well why we had such a huge drop off at FAU this year. In 2017 we had a power 5 type coaching staff…….. This year we know the results.
Posted On: Dec 11th 2018, 7:56 AM #384099

Which is exactly why when we lost Briles, DC, and OL, I knew trouble was on the horizon.

Just thinking back on some of the expectations and predictions that were being floated…

:Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:  :Laughing:
Back to the top
Control functions: