Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

FAU Schmidt Complex for Academic & Athletic Excellence Groundbreaking Renderings

Add topic

while we were down in Boca/ Coral Springs area today for some Christmas shopping, swung by campus to check on the progress. They are putting up the walls on the first floor outside the garage as well as working on the first floor in the garage. Outside they were working on setting the forms of looked  like columns and walls as well. Once the foundation is complete, we should start seeing rapid progress on walls and such here soon. More than likely after the holidays we will see more rapid progress.
Back to the top

Today I was at the mall and noticed in the Lids store a 2017 C-USA champs hat for $20. I bought it not because of the price but because who knows when or if we will get back to that point again. My how the future of the program has changed in just one year. In all likelihood we’re looking at another rebuilding year next year. What ever mid level coordinators Lane brings in, it won’t matter we’re going to suck again. 3-9 or 4-8
Back to the top

LawOwl said

Today I was at the mall and noticed in the Lids store a 2017 C-USA champs hat for $20. I bought it not because of the price but because who knows when or if we will get back to that point again. My how the future of the program has changed in just one year. In all likelihood we’re looking at another rebuilding year next year. What ever mid level coordinators Lane brings in, it won’t matter we’re going to suck again. 3-9 or 4-8
Posted On: Dec 15th 2018, 4:08 PM #384217

Predicting the next year in college football I like to pick a 7 game parlay.

There are so many things that will change in the next 10 months who knows what outcome it will cause.

The defense just got better yesterday. Let's see who takes steps at QB before we cry about going 3-9.

Just remember a 6-6 UCF boo'd Milton off the field.
Back to the top

LawOwl said

You’re unbelievable.  You remind me of the old Saturday Night Live Debbie Downer skit.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

LawOwl said

You’re unbelievable.  You remind me of the old Saturday Night Live Debbie Downer skit.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2018, 4:46 PM #384220

If the last two seasons have taught me anything, it's that FAU fans are the most bipolar fans in the country:

After sighing Lane Kiffin: "We just want to be competitive in the conference and go to a bowl game."

After 2017: "We're probably going to be the first G5 program to make it to the playoffs, and we should definitely win our two toughest road games, at Oklahoma and at UCF."

After 2018: "We suck and Lane doesn't know how to coach and we're back to the Charlie Partridge and Carl Pelini eras. #getoffthelanetrane #firelane"

Geez. We had probably the most over-qualified G5 coaching staff last season, and probably wildly over performed. We're building a program that lasts, and not a just a flash in the pan program, and that means you have to accept the lows along with the highs. And I'd still rather watch a Lane Kiffin offense than a Charlie Partridge offense, even if we end up with a losing record. So yeah, we should have made a bowl game this year, and we should have probably gone to the conference championship, but this season was still a hell of a lot more fun that the previous two coaching regimes. I'll take it, as long as we continue building the foundation for long-term growth and success.
Back to the top

We had Christmas in July…then got a lump of coal when the real holiday came.

(for those that can do analogies).
Back to the top

Well, I mean, in our defense the two seasons under Kiffin were fairly bipolar.

And Rick, math really isn't my thing so I don't do many analogies…
Back to the top

If someone would have said we'd be 16-10 over the next two years on December 15, 2016, we all would have been ecstatic.  I think we will be fine in the long run, and win more conference championships.
Back to the top

David Slavic said

dusky256fc said

LawOwl said

If the last two seasons have taught me anything, it's that FAU fans are the most bipolar fans in the country:

After sighing Lane Kiffin: "We just want to be competitive in the conference and go to a bowl game."

After 2017: "We're probably going to be the first G5 program to make it to the playoffs, and we should definitely win our two toughest road games, at Oklahoma and at UCF."

After 2018: "We suck and Lane doesn't know how to coach and we're back to the Charlie Partridge and Carl Pelini eras. #getoffthelanetrane #firelane"

Geez. We had probably the most over-qualified G5 coaching staff last season, and probably wildly over performed. We're building a program that lasts, and not a just a flash in the pan program, and that means you have to accept the lows along with the highs. And I'd still rather watch a Lane Kiffin offense than a Charlie Partridge offense, even if we end up with a losing record. So yeah, we should have made a bowl game this year, and we should have probably gone to the conference championship, but this season was still a hell of a lot more fun that the previous two coaching regimes. I'll take it, as long as we continue building the foundation for long-term growth and success.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2018, 5:30 PM #384223

Well said.

I try to look for the positive in every situation not the negative and you summed it up very well.

GO OWLS!
Back to the top

dusky256fc said

David Slavic said

dusky256fc said

LawOwl said

Posted On: Dec 15th 2018, 5:30 PM #384223

Well said.

I try to look for the positive in every situation not the negative and you summed it up very well.
Posted On: Dec 15th 2018, 7:55 PM #384228

:cool:  :cool:
Back to the top
Control functions: