Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

Countdown to 2019 Early Signing Period - Names to Keep an Eye On

Add topic

Here is an update on the Owls' commits and some names to watch out for as we close in on the 2019 early signing period, which will begin on December 19, 2018.

Current Commits

• Diamante Howard OLB- He says he is committed, but tweeted yesterday he might wait till February to sign as he wants to "take all his visits". He is on campus at FAU as I type this, so maybe they can close, but a lot of the mid level P5 schools want him. He will be tough to hang on to.
  • Travon Thomas DE - Solid with FAU. This is a great get for FAU
  • Eldridge Fraklin CB- Has been solid with FAU since the summer.
  • Gio Richardson QB- The first of the Oxbridge/Dwyer Trio. I have not talked to him or seen anything about in home visits, officials or anything on social media. Stuff could be going on behind the scenes, but it would not shock me to see either party go into a different direction at this point.
  • Antavious Lane DB- Another part of the Dwyer trio who has been quiet. It will be interesting to see if other DB's FAU is chasing has an impact on Lane's spot.
  • James Meeks- RB Not to sound repetitive, but it has been all quiet on the western front here as well. As reported by Jake Elman, Meeks tore his ACL mid-season. Does the departures of Motor and Whyte make FAU want to transition to back you can step in and play right away?
  • Antarrius Moultrie LB- Will be signing in February according to Jake Elman.
  • Jeremiah Ashe ATH- The two-way athlete will come to FAU and play CB as Jake Elman reported.
Names to Watch

• Darrin Smith RB- The 3 star RB from Texas RB who FAU has offered hopes to set up an official in January.
  • Rahmond Smith TE- The 3 star Homestead TE and brother of FAU LB Rashad Smith was on campus this weekend. He has been committed to UNLV for months as FAU's former Oline coach Garin Justice pushes hard with a recent in home visit.
  • Brandon Mack DE/OLB- The high 3 star DE/OLB would be a next level type commit for FAU. Owls' Coach Clint Trickett worked some magic to get him on campus as he has been a Pitt commit since the summer (Charlie Partridge guy) and has visits set up with the likes of Missouri and Ole Miss. The Jefferson Davis high school product is the same high school current Owl Zyon Gilbert attended.
  • Kevon Mccurary DT- The Mainland DT and brother of current Owl Kevin Mccurary holds an offer to FAU and should visit in January.
  • Kimo Clark RB- The Vanguard RB who splits a backfield with highly recruited Glover Cook has been offered by FAU. It is yet to be seen if he makes to FAU's campus for a visit.
  • Kaleb Boateng OL- As I wrote this week the 3 star Olinemen will decide before the December 19th signing period. This would be a great get for Lane and the Owls.
  • Dwight Toombs DB- Another Plam Beach county DB that FAU covets will be making his choice for the early period. FAU is in a battle with the likes of MTSU, Iowa, and Utah.
As more information comes in updates will be provided.
Back to the top

Thanks. That is great info. I've been wondering.
Back to the top

Awesome!  Thank you much, for the update.
Back to the top

Where is Diamante Howard from and what position(s) does he play?
Back to the top

I was about to put a link to his 24/7 page, but I feel like I'm not allowed to do that?

He's listed there as an OLB from Miami Southridge.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

I was about to put a link to his 24/7 page, but I feel like I'm not allowed to do that?
Posted On: Dec 16th 2018, 2:33 PM #384245

Usually use HUDL because they have vids and more bio information whereas 247 is more recruiting action…its fine though…
Back to the top

Huge updates on the recruiting front. Looks like we got Eddie Williams Jr (DE). Likewise seems like we might have flipped Tulane recruit Kelvin Dean.
Back to the top

And Adrian Bryant (couldn't find much on him, JUCO wide receiver) too?
Back to the top

faufan2017 said

Huge updates on the recruiting front. Looks like we got Eddie Williams Jr (DE). Likewise seems like we might have flipped Tulane recruit Kelvin Dean.
Posted On: Dec 16th 2018, 10:44 PM #384247

I think he was a Temple commit.
Back to the top

Art Vandelay said

And Adrian Bryant (couldn't find much on him, JUCO wide receiver) too?
Posted On: Dec 16th 2018, 11:38 PM #384248

JUCO commit/transfer went to Westlake HS in Atlanta.
Back to the top
Control functions: