Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Skip navigation

2018 C-USA Bowl Games Thread

Add topic

TheREALowlsley said

Hate to say it but I am happy for FIU. I am still glad we beat them badly this year but you have to give credit where it is due Butch has shown them success.
Posted On: Dec 21st 2018, 4:42 PM #384342

I agree but also if FIU is playing well and the Shula Bowl is relevant year in and year out, that’s great for both programs 
Back to the top

Happy for them and the league… Put us in the black at 3-2 after UNT and MTSU lost…

Hopefully LA Tech will close it out at 4-2 against the Warriors.  
Back to the top

:Vomit:  :Vomit:  :Vomit:  :Vomit:

When I'm not in school, I'm schooling the CUSA Twitter game; Follow Me Here
Back to the top

HAWAII BOWL

FINAL:

LA Tech 31  Hawaii 14

C-USA finishes Bowl play at 4-2, winning four straight to close out 2018. 
Back to the top

I don't know what they call it but CUSA with it's 4-2 record is the CONFERENCE with the best bowl record BY FAR!

CUSA 4-2
SEC 6-5 (POSSIBLE 7-5 OR 7-6)
BIG10 5-4
BIG12 4-3
MW 3-2
IND. 2-1
ACC 5-5 (POSSIBLE 6-5 OR 6-6)
PAC12 3-4
AMERTICAN 2-5
MAC 1-5

Amazing after the first two awful beatings the Conference teams took!
Back to the top

The CUSA bowl matchups aren't great I feel like UNT and MTSU had much harder opponents than they deserved, much like last year FAU had a much easier opponent than we deserved. That record is great though. Overall the bowls didn't have much juice this year.
Back to the top

Nope and Saban is right, the playoff is really hurting the rest of the "bowl" system. Who in the future wants to go to an expensive bowl game and trip when the best players refuse to play??? Attendance EVERYWHERE was way off, the Tampa Bowl game was less than half full with two good 8-4 Power 5 teams!!!

I do think they need to plug that up and since the players are UNDER CONTRACT still, only allow verified medical reasons to not play by "choice". That Oliver crud at Houston this year of him basically quitting on his team mid-season cost the team dearly and the Coaches their jobs!

I know people will disagree with me here but if you are afraid to play due to fear of a future injury, just quit the sport! Selfishness in America is just epidemic now! Football is a team sport, no matter how good you are or think you are, be a member of the team or get out! Oliver's example this year tore that team apart!!!! Zero leadership exhibited by him at all!
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

Nope and Saban is right, the playoff is really hurting the rest of the "bowl" system. Who in the future wants to go to an expensive bowl game and trip when the best players refuse to play??? Attendance EVERYWHERE was way off, the Tampa Bowl game was less than half full with two good 8-4 Power 5 teams!!!

I do think they need to plug that up and since the players are UNDER CONTRACT still, only allow verified medical reasons to not play by "choice". That Oliver crud at Houston this year of him basically quitting on his team mid-season cost the team dearly and the Coaches their jobs!

I know people will disagree with me here but if you are afraid to play due to fear of a future injury, just quit the sport! Selfishness in America is just epidemic now! Football is a team sport, no matter how good you are or think you are, be a member of the team or get out! Oliver's example this year tore that team apart!!!! Zero leadership exhibited by him at all!
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2019, 11:38 AM #384491

I understand where you are coming from.

However, asking a 21 year old kid with millions on the line to sacrifice his future as an unpaid student athlete is a tough position to come from.

Teambeer is the most knowledgeable FAU sports fan I know, way smarter than me.
Back to the top

GeorgiaOwl said

I don't know what they call it but CUSA with it's 4-2 record is the CONFERENCE with the best bowl record BY FAR!
Posted On: Jan 2nd 2019, 9:36 AM #384486

IND at 2-1 have the same percentage but i get your point…..
Back to the top

Agreed, to a point. It has always been this possibility but not until the past few years has it become ok to screw your school teammates over though. I just fear this will get real ugly and talk of it spreading even to the HS level is troubling as well.

Nothing done for the team, the community or society, all for self. Very sad way to live IMHO!

But then I guess I am in the minority in thinking Coaches like Diaz who committed to a job (Temple) just walking out on that new job for another is disrespectful, unethical and basically immoral. That shows NO character and no leadership characteristic I would want young recruits and players to be exposed to.

And THAT is I guess where much of this began, Coaches talking TEAM to their school, players and recruits just grabbing the next better offer irregardless of the contract they signed. The COACHES show NO commitment or ethics or responsibility so why should the players. Again, very SAD to me.

I grew up a UM fan but I hope they and Diaz fall flat on their face as the SCHOOL to me should not have even pursued him knowing he had a commitment to another School.
Back to the top
Control functions: